It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Nasal Blockage

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-18-2007, 02:19 AM   #1
    IntUsHB
    (male)

IntUsHB HB User
    Unhappy Nasal Blockage

I have had nasal blockage in my right nostril for about 3 months. Earlier it used to be blocked almost the entire day, when I was in another town. I used to try to learn swimming in the sea water during this period. Is anything in the sea water likely to cause this type of problem?

The problem has reduced considerably now, since I get nasal blockage only during the night after returning back to my hometown. The all-day nasal blockage had reduced almost immediately after returning back to hometown. I occasionally sometimes feel as if sufficient air is not passing through the right nostril during the daytime, but it lasts only for a while.

This entire thing started with fever, coughing, and nasal blockage in the beginning. The fever and cough disappeared, but the nasal blockage has remained. I have taken LevoCetirizine according to the doctor's instructions, but it has not had any effect.

The doctor has also informed me that my septum is slightly slanted. I do not think that this is the cause, since I have never had nasal blockage that has lasted more than 2 to 3 days, even when I was in another country in minus 35 degree celcius temperature without any proper warm clothes.

I have used Otrivin - Xylometazoline Hydrochloride Nasal Drops IP (1:1000) on many days, which completely clears the nostrils and gives me relief for the rest of the day. I had consulted a doctor who prescribed some medicines, but they have not done anything. The Otrivin nasal drops are the only thing that has worked until now. I do not want to use them continuously as they are said to cause further blockage.

Can anyone provide me some answers, since the doctors do not seem to have the right diagnosis.

Last edited by IntUsHB; 02-25-2007 at 07:00 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread