It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Multiple Swollen Lymph Nodes

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-08-2007, 07:42 PM   #1
    cnc1029
    (female)

cnc1029 HB User
    Multiple Swollen Lymph Nodes

Last Sunday I had sharp reoccuring pain on the right side of my neck, under my ear. It slowly went away, (the sharp stabbing feeling that is) the next day. But on Sunday when the pain started I noticed several swollen nodes, lumps on my right side, just the right side. Because of the pain I decided to contact an ENT. I thought ENT b/c when I was 11, 14 years ago, I had similar lumps on the right side and I went to the ENT and they did blood work and eventually a biopsy on my neck that removed one of the lumps. My mom doesn't remember much just that it was benign and it was possibly a cyst. Maybe a bracheal cyst. So I tell the new ENT all of this and at this time the pain is just more uncomfortable and tense, tight feeling. He feels the lumps and decides we are going to do blood work, CBC, metabolic workup, and thyroid workup, and then a soft tissue neck MRI with contrast. He puts me on an antibiotic and pain meds. I stop taking both after 2 days b/c I became nauseus, dizzy, and starting vomitting. My normal temperature is 96.2 but it has been flucuating from 95.8 to 98.0. My themometer is correct b/c we purchased another one just to make sure. Next we do the blood work. It all comes back normal. I did the MRI and I was called today and told that the only thing that turned up was multiple swollen lymph nodes. They put me on the zpak which I started today and I have a follow up in ten days. The thing is I believe that the lumps, swollen lymph nodes on just the right side of my neck have been swollen for as long as I can remember. Why just the right side? I am looking for any feedback on what this might be? What I should do? If it was something viral or an infection wouldn't it show up in the blood work? Other health issues I have are migraines just on the right side for the most part, tired, and my memory seems to be faltering. I never thought these things were related but maybe-you never know.

Thanks for any feedback.

C
    female, 25

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2007, 05:55 AM   #2
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User
    Re: Multiple Swollen Lymph Nodes

Sounds like chronic sinusittus on one side.. tis is possible if you have structural factors such as a divated septum, or smaller nasal passages on on side of you sinus cavities. We are hardly ever symmetrical and my right side sinus structure was smaller than my left.

I would see how the anti-biotics go and possible check into an allergist.. incase it is an immune response to something in your environment.

Sincerely,
    MG

Old 03-09-2007, 02:24 PM   #3
    cnc1029
    (female)

cnc1029 HB User
    Re: Multiple Swollen Lymph Nodes

Thank you so much for the response. I could have developed an allergy I guess to something. I don't have any pimples. You never know what your body is truly doing, you just know the signs it gives you that something could be amiss. I do have a big bump on my nose. Maybe it is a deviated septum. I will ask my ENT about what you mentioned when I go back for a follow up. I do know my insurance covers reconstructive surgery for the nose if it is do to breathing problems. That would be good and easy to fix.

Closed Thread