It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• white tongue 12 days after tonsillectomy - anybody?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-01-2007, 08:21 PM   #1
    bunnycat10
    (female)

bunnycat10 HB User
    white tongue 12 days after tonsillectomy - anybody?

My tonsillectomy was on Mar. 20. Today, I still have a white tongue except for the tip of my tongue which I was able to brush everyday. Up until a couple of days ago, I really couldn't open my mouth enough to brush the rest of my tongue. My tongue has been very sore (as has my throat). Did anyone have a white tongue for this long after surgery? Does it just go away? I looked up thrush, but my tongue doesn't look like the pictures. Mine is mostly white with a couple of non-white spots where I tried to brush tonight and made it bleed. I've also had alot of ice chips/shavings, and I think that's another reason tongue is so raw. What does anyone think? Should I consider thrush or is this normal after tonsil surgery. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2007, 09:40 PM   #2
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User
    Re: white tongue 12 days after tonsillectomy - anybody?

It can be a mild case of thrush.. One diflucan pill or magick thrush wash won't hurt you but can help you. If it has lasted twelve days I would think it is a mild case of thrush.
    MG

Old 04-04-2007, 12:31 PM   #3
    bunnycat10
    (female)

bunnycat10 HB User
    Re: white tongue 12 days after tonsillectomy - anybody?

thanks for the reply ********. i wasn't sure if i had thrush on my tongue or not, but, just in case, I started mixing my acidophilus powder with my food and, since that time (3 days ok), my tongue is looking MUCH better. not sure if it was thrush or just a normal post-surgery effect, but it is mostly gone now. thanks for the help.

Closed Thread