It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Getting sick every month for the last 7 months

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-12-2007, 04:40 PM   #1
    YuliaNichya
    (female)

YuliaNichya HB User
    Getting sick every month for the last 7 months

I've had tonsilltis too many times before 2006. I've had at least 5 times in 2003 and at least 5 times in 2004. 2005 wasn't that bad. I've been sick only about 3 times in 2005. I've had tonsilitis atleast 8 times in 2006. and starting of this year atleast 3 times. I was NEVER sick before 2003. I'd only get a cold here or there and maybe tonsilitis once in my whole childhood life up to the end of 2002. Why? When I am sick, I usually do not feel sick. I usually get the sore throat with swollen ,inflamed tonsils with sore neck glands and some times if I have a cold I will get the same symptoms with one cold symptoms. I also have allergies too. Right now For almost two weeks I have a sore throat, coughing like no other. My tonsils are alittle swollen and inflamed. My neck glands still hurt alittle bit. and my ears are alittle bit messed up. Other than that I feel perfectly fine. I have endless amount of energy. I workout everyday sick or not. Last year when I had tonsillitis, I told one of my "friends' and they said "You do not have tonsillitis, You can't talk because it hurts too much and you would have to have them out". I'm like whatever. It doesn't matter if I have a throat or not, I still talk alot. I'm not the type of person to keep quiet and act sick. What symptoms did you have when you had tonsillitis? I've mentioned above my usual symptoms that I get. I would appreciate if someone can relate to my 'problem'. Thank you. I hope everyone is doing well.

The symptoms that I gave you up above (the ones I have for the last 2 weeks) Does that sound like tonsillitis?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2007, 04:45 PM   #2
    Skinamarinka
    (female)

Skinamarinka HB User
    Re: Getting sick every month for the last 7 months

Hi,
    I had a year where I had toncillitis six or more times. My doctor said that he thought they would have to come out... that is when I began echinacea. At the first sign of sore throat and white dots on tonsils, I took echinacea. It cleared it up and I have not have toncillitis since; over 10 years now. Try a salt gargle and echinachea. Maybe some Oreganol oil too.
    Best wishes.

Old 04-14-2007, 01:01 PM   #3
    sox04
    (female)

sox04 HB User

Hey!
    Well, I can't say whether or not you've actually been getting tonsillitis, but it definitely doesn't sound like what I get. Have you needed antibiotics to get better? Typically when I get it, it follows the exact same course and its pretty much debilitating!! I start to feel a sore throat, then by that night my body aches and I can feel a fever coming on and at that point my throat is usually very red. Then the next day my fevers get worse and I can barely control them with alternating motrin and tylenol. I usually have to take motrin 600 or 800's instead of 400mg and sometimes still cant control my fever. My throat will get white patches and nasty so that i can barely swallow and I'm just achy and miserable and can barely handle being alive. Then I start antibiotics and slowly start to get better over the next few days but will generally be out of work for almost a week. I've more than once almost had to go to the hospital for antibiotics and fluids because I literally couldn't even swallow my saliva. Generally speaking, I've not really been too sick but just in the last year I've had this happen 7 times. And I can handle pain pretty well, I've had a few knee surgeries and I feel like my tonsillitis is worse to deal with. Needless to say, my tonsillectomy is scheduled and I'm looking forward to the surgery and am ready for the pain because this will hopefully end it all!! I believe that there are different types of tonsillitis though, theres recurrent and chronic. I have recurrent because it keeps coming back in full force, but perhaps yours is chronic. I think that is when your tonsils are just red and slightly inflamed in general and have a sore throat, I think. But don't quote me on that! Hope this helps! Regardless, what does your doctor think of all this? I know I can't wait to get mine cut out!

Old 04-14-2007, 02:58 PM   #4
    YuliaNichya
    (female)

YuliaNichya HB User

Thank you for your reply sox04. I only had to take some kind of antibiotics when I was really little, and I do not remember what it was for. I do not go to the doctor because They will tell me to stay home. I can't stay home because I will miss too much in one day and no one will tell me what I need to do as homework or tests. Like I said on my original post, I never feel sick, I get the sore throat with sore/swollen neck glands. Inflamed/swollen tonsils. I usually sound sick. I was just about never sick when I was little. Before 2002 (one time) and 2003 (too many times) I never had any problems with my tonsils being inflamed or affected by a cold or what ever. So far I've been sick for two weeks. My coughing is going away. I do not have a cold. Myt throat and tonsils are still alittle sore. I looked at my throat today. and my tonsils (especially) and throat were inflamed (obvious) and my tonsils were swollen. Good luck with your tonsillectomy. Do you get sore neck glands when You have tonsillitis?

Old 04-15-2007, 09:43 AM   #5
    sox04
    (female)

sox04 HB User

Thanks! Honestly, I don't really even notice the neck glands when I get sick. Yes, when I go to the doctor and they push on them or if I feel for them they are usually swollen and sore but its generally the least of my worries!

Closed Thread