It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• how to cure a white furry tongue

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-05-2007, 08:36 AM   #1
    monkey madness
    (female)

monkey madness HB User
    how to cure a white furry tongue

how to cure a white furry tongue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2007, 02:17 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: how to cure a white furry tongue

Could be thrush. You'd need meds for that.

Old 10-05-2007, 02:30 PM   #3
    leeleelanilou
    (female)

leeleelanilou HB User

My tongue's coated with white stuff too. When I drink a dark soda or coffee my tongue looks horrible because it holds all that color & it probably smells like coffee too. It's been that way for 25 years or better. I brush my tongue twice a day & it doesn't help. I have Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue so I assume candida (yeast growth) is causing this. So your's could be thrush. Type in yeast infection in your search engine thingie, I found a picture of a tongue with thrush. The only time that my tongue was nice & clear was when I was on guaifenesin for my Fibro. You may need to get on some Duflican which is prescription only. Or you could go to your neighborhood health food store & find a natural remedy. If your tongue hurts too, you really should see a Doc though! Good luck!

Old 10-05-2007, 11:18 PM   #4
    Leanners51
    (female)

Leanners51 HB User

Could be that you have thrush. I've had problems with it for years because I use inhaled steroids for asthma, and it's annoying stuff, but easily treatable. My doctor gives me Nystatin and with plenty of refills.

Old 10-06-2007, 05:03 AM   #5
    monkey madness
    (female)

monkey madness HB User

i have now had this white furry tongue for a year now also have a permant coating on top aswell which wont come off i wear a full set of dentures not sure if this has any thing to do with it suffer from acid reflux had swabs come back saying no thrush present

Old 10-08-2007, 01:24 PM   #6
    spider1959
    (female)

spider1959 HB User

I assume you are taking PPI's if you have acid reflux. I have done a lot of research and found out that PPI's interfere with the way our somachs absorb B-12. Being low on vitamin B-12 CAN cause your tongue to turn white and be sore. I have been experiencing this for about 9 months now. I have been tested for yeast and it was negative. I have had reflux for 15 years and have been on PPI's all this time. I had my B-12 checked recently and it was in fact very low. I have to give myself B-12 injections now. My tongue seems to be slowly clearing up. There is hope. Maybe have your B-12 checked.

Closed Thread