It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• how do doctors open the mouth during tonsillectomy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-14-2007, 11:08 PM   #1
    sakina
    (female)

sakina HB User
    how do doctors open the mouth during tonsillectomy

how do doctors open the mouth during tonsillectomy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2007, 06:15 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: how do doctors open the mouth during tonsillectomy

They clamp it open.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:51 AM   #3
    dhilip1
    (male)

dhilip1 HB User

ha ha!! u will not know anythin babby!! they will give u General aneasthesia!! so i dint knw how they did!!

BUt i will tell the procedures befor tht Geneeral anaesthesia::

1) they poured sometin in mY Nose: they asked me to hold the breath while they poured tht liquid,then i have to release the breath!!

like this twice i did!

2)i asked them whether i can swallow tht saliva.. u can swallo anythin they said!! so just did the same.. aftr this i have sensation tht sometin is blockin my throat like tht...

3) then oxygen mask at my nose they put!

4)i asked lot of question to them ..like how can i breathe through mouth or nose like this some question.. they just injected the General aneathesia in my hand!!!

5) within 3 seconds i closed my eyes!! *& went to dreams ::my child age dreams..

6)aftr the operation,,they called my name & wake up!!operation over!!
    i surprised just nw u put the general anesthesia like tht!!

so stop worryin!!

get your tonsils removed soon!!

Old 11-09-2007, 05:04 PM   #4
    MissT
    Veteran
    (female)

MissT HB User

I just had my tonsils out yesterday and nothing that dhilip1 said happened to me. They put something in my IV and I woke up with no tonsils... no joke. So I don't know what they did. I do know that I had and still have since it's hard to remove black sticky lines from my chin to my neck where it seems they taped my mouth open.

Thats all I know.

Old 11-10-2007, 06:58 AM   #5
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

It's probably best if you didn't know all of the process. It might scare you even more. All you need to know is that when you get to the hospital, they'll give you an IV, inject some stuff into the IV, and you'll fall asleep. And the very next thing you know, they'll be trying to wake you up because it will be over. That's all you need to know.

You should concentrate more on how you'll work on your healing and recovery because that's the more important part. The surgery itself is the easy part.

Closed Thread