It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Tonsils!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-29-2007, 08:54 PM   #1
    leeann123456
    (female)

leeann123456 HB User
    Angry Tonsils!

Well im finally just getting fed up with my tonsils, Last september '06 i found myself seeing a ENT for my nose and throat, my nose i ended up having septoplasty done on it augst 31st and im extreamly happy with that, havent breathed so well for 4 years! Anyways, but at the same time i was told i needed nose surgery, they looked at my tonsils because my doctor didnt no what to do with the fact my right tonsils is always BIG! my left side is completly normal but hte right side never is normal, and its constantly catching tonsilitis or something. But anyways my ENT took at look at them and said they were completly fine, what "healthy" tonsils should look like and it would only be putting money into this pocket to take them out! Well once again i find myself with tonsilitis! And its BRUTAL! No mater what i did i felt HORRIBLE! Nothing kept me warm, couldnt stand moving at all! Finally gaining some strength back now, ive been keeping a close eye on what them tonsils are doing back there, the side that has the "always larger problem" well lets just say its even bigger as i describe it looks like bubbles that are pilled on top of each other covered in some nice white stuff isnt it a joy, BUt when i look at the "always normal side" its JUST FINE! I saw ONE dot on it and now its GONE! ITs still its normal size and is not painful at ALL! It onlyh urts to swallow from the bad side! So is it honestly possible to get tonsilitis on ONE side and not the other!?

And is the fact the one tonsil neverr goes "normal" is that always going to be a problem does anybody have anyidea! At the same time as this im dealing with a knee problem to so im so uncomfortable, and no matter what im hurting some how! I see a doctor for my tonsils tomorrow but i just dont no what is actually normal anymore!
    help me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2007, 02:09 AM   #2
    Jessy20
    (female)

Jessy20 HB User
    Re: Tonsils!

Hey!

I have just had my tonsils out and I am on day 10 of recovery....
    OK defo get them out if you can! It is painful I will not lie to you but I had exactly the same problem as you....one of my tonsils was bigger than the other not massively and both my tonsils did get the infection but it was more painful on one side... Now when the surgeon came to see me after op he said that it was well worth it and the left tonsil was a real mess and was best off out.,..... So I would strongly reccomend if you can to get them out as I now look forward to no more bloody tonsilitis!

Good luck

J

Closed Thread