It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• scared to death--pain while swallowing but it feels like it's in the cartilage

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-13-2007, 06:19 PM   #1
    AliAyson
    (female)

AliAyson HB User
    scared to death--pain while swallowing but it feels like it's in the cartilage

Ok, I'm not sure how to describe this but I'm scared to death. About 3 (?) weeks ago I started noticing a vague pain in the right side of my neck when I would swallow. It's not on the inside of my throat, it's not like a sore throat. It's almost as if the muscle or cartilage is bruised or torn...hard to explain. About the time that this occured I was having "tickles" in my throat at night and I'd have to push the muscles in my neck as hard as possible in order to get a tight constriction in my throat. The reason I was trying to constrict my throat so forcefully was to try and get the d*mm tickle out of there.

Could this have caused a muscle tear or something? When I take Ibuprofen the pain goes away only to come back after the Ibuprofen wears off. Everything I've read on the Internet states that this type of pain could be due to throat cancer (hypopharnyx cancer to be specific). I haven't been able to find any reassuring article to give a different explanation of the pain.

Has anyone experienced this phenomena? As luck would have it I just started a new job 2 weeks ago so I'm not in the Health Benefits system yet, I have to wait 6 weeks before that happens. I don't know if my mental health will allow me to wait 6 weeks.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread