It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Post-Tonsillectomy Chronic Throat (and now ear!) issues - Please Help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-07-2008, 09:34 AM   #1
    Tonsilly08
    (male)

Tonsilly08 HB User
    Post-Tonsillectomy Chronic Throat (and now ear!) issues - Please Help!

Hi. I'd like to say thank you in advance to everyone who contributes to these boards. It's strangely comforting to see other people experiencing similar issues, and coping with them, with a little help! That said, I'd like some advice on what the heck could possibly be going on with me. In order:

The throat - Initial "partial" tonsillectomy when I was a kid in the early 80's. Recurring strep throat for 10 years, approximately twice a year, diagnosed also with deviated septum and chronic sinusitis - settled down in the 90's (when I smoked half pack a day), came back in 2004 (when I quit smoking). 2007 - "hot" throat feeling, malaise, general fatigue, and like a hair was stuck on the back of my tonuge - 4 courses of antibiotics, general Waldeyer's ring inflammation - suspected malignancy - adult tonsillectomy recommended. Surgery was in August of 07 - pallatine tonsils were approx 3 cm each side, no malignancy - pathology took two weeks but the best they came back with was "they were infected, nothing serious". Primary hemorrhage resulted in suturing one side.

October - Stuffed ear caused hearing loss one ear for 8 hours - not a wax build-up - given steroid ear drops - stuffiness resolved - November developed 2 week fever 39.5 - diagnosed as possible viral infection. Blood work clean. Fever settled, felt ok December.

Now, January - general red veiny inflammation combined with white puss-like streaks, particularly behind uvula in the back, ear canals feel "hot" - recurring ear "crunch" when swallowing, recurring minor clogging of ears, opened with yawn or jaw - ok one day, worse the next, mild lingual tonsil inflammation one side one day, the next day the other. White round circular "liquid-paper" looking 1 sm thing over where they sutured the tonsilar hemorrhage still there - and what looks like white puss or leukoplakia behind my molar in the crevice deep in front of where the pallatine tonsil used to be.

Any thoughts? Anyone? Hello?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread