It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Positive T&A Story - 34 yr old Female

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-02-2008, 06:46 AM   #61
    kittywake
    (female)

kittywake HB User
    Re: Positive T&A Story - 34 yr old Female

Almost back to normal eh? That's good. Hehe.

I don't have my post op appointment until May 5th. Heh. I think everything is going good though. It still hurts to yawn real big, but that will go away I am sure.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2008, 06:57 PM   #62
    Twinklez81
    (female)

Twinklez81 HB User

Well I'm 10 days post op and I'm finally beginning to feel normal and finally getting some sleep. The only thing is, it still hurts to swallow and little and i feel like I have a lump in my throat near the adams apple

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:22 AM   #63
    Noturningback
    (female)

Noturningback HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Twinklez81 View Post
    Well I'm 10 days post op and I'm finally beginning to feel normal and finally getting some sleep. The only thing is, it still hurts to swallow and little and i feel like I have a lump in my throat near the adams apple
    I had a big turn around come day 11. I'm happy you are feeling more yourself!

~Danielle

- Woody Allen

Old 04-03-2008, 08:28 AM   #64
    Noturningback
    (female)

Noturningback HB User
    Exclamation Re: Positive T&A Story - 34 yr old Female

Day 14 - Post Op

Sorry I'm a day late posting.

Yesterday, I went to my first and only post op appointment with my ENT's assistant. She said everything looks great and that the chances of me bleeding are slim. Of course, be careful. I think that is one of the reason's they have you go this appointment. They are trying to assess your recovery and chances of bleeding.

Unfortunately, I started having withdrawal symptoms despite the fact I weaned off the Percocet. I should have continued the weaning to half a dose but, I stopped all together. Learn from my mistake. I had mild stomach virus-like symptoms yesterday. I was in bed for most of the day - just feeling blah. Today, I feel a lot better but, I'm still not keen on the idea of eating even though I never vomited. My stomach says no and my mind says yes. My stomach is winning. I've also been a little more emotional. I'm not hormonal - if you know what I mean. It's the opiad withdrawal. The physician's assistant believed so too. She said she had experience with drug withdrawals and mine fit the bill. She also said to multiply my symptoms by 10 and that would be a hint to what it feels like getting off of heroine. Good Grief Charlie Brown! I've been through far worse withdrawals when I stopped taking Fen-Phen many moons ago. I lost weight but, it caused me to over-salivate. I was young and didn't know how strong these drugs are nor the side effects. I stopped cold turkey. Needless to say that wasn't fun. Please note some people have no withdrawal problems. Remember wean off of them slowly don't go cold turkey.

Percocet Withdrawal symptoms include but are not limited to:

• feeling as though you have the flu.
    • gastrointestinal distress
    • anxiety
    • nausea
    • insomnia
    • pain
    • fevers
    • sweating
    • runny nose and eyes

Anyway, even with the mild withdrawal symptoms, I feel it was worth it because I was pain free through a surgery that can be quite painful. If you are wondering, my throat is still pain free.

This is the last of my post op posts - unless something of importance changes.

If you want to ask me a question, post it and I'll try and help or email me.

Remember page three of this thread has my survival guide plus there is a sticky at the top of the forum with good advice.

I want to thank everyone on these boards for there support and comradery.

Many days of good health,
    ~Danielle

PS - I discovered sneezing is not fun.

- Woody Allen

Last edited by Noturningback; 04-03-2008 at 10:47 AM.

Closed Thread