It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• persistent sore throat :(

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-04-2008, 07:06 AM   #1
    alex1987
    (male)

alex1987 HB User
    Unhappy persistent sore throat :(

hi there, i have had a sore throat for about 3 weeks now, after a few days it turned into a typical cold (runny nose for about 3 days), then that cleared up and then i felt like i had pressure in my ears and a mild headache, felt like my sinuses were congested, so i went to the doctor and he gave me some inhalation stuff. this did not really do a lot. i went back to the doctor and he felt my throat, looked down it and it wasnt red or anything, and said not to worry and that it would be the end of the cold i had previously. i bought a nose inhaler thing and that has really helped my sinuses, now my ears dont hurt and headache has gone.

but the sore throat persists. i went back and saw the nurse today and she looked down it again and it isnt red at all. i have no tonsils either so not tonsilitis. i feel perfectly well other than this, it just feels uncomfortable, no hoarseness or anything either.

does anyone have any ideas what this could be? i did read about something called gonococcal pharyngitis which is transmitted through oral sex. i did give my friend a blowjob about 4 months ago but it was only for about 30 seconds and he did not *** and there was also no pre-***. if it was this, wouldnt it have shown up a lot sooner? and without the blocked sinuses etc?

ive tried taking ibuprofen and paracetemol but doesnt really do anything. it does go off sometimes but i tend to think about it all the time!

thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2008, 08:49 AM   #2
    alex1987
    (male)

alex1987 HB User
    Re: persistent sore throat :(

also, i'll just add that about 2 weeks ago i was coughing up a bit of phlegm which was yellowy/green, this was while i had the runny nose and before my sinuses got blocked. but this has stopped now.

Closed Thread