It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• olfactory hallucination

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-04-2009, 06:31 PM   #1
    firefox123
    (male)

firefox123 HB User
    olfactory hallucination

Finally one year on i think i have found my problem.

At first i thought i was going mad but hopefully this is it.

I have done alot of drugs in the past ecstasy and cocaine

i think i first had an olfactory hallucination was when i was at a party in july 07 and i sniffed got and also sniffed some ecstasy (which i know no wasnt ectatsy but really awful pills that not e's but i read somewhere they where mcpp etc)

the day ater i could smell this odor but didn't know what it was and thought it was me so i was really paranoid as my mates where saying there's no smell. that was ok i still suffered from this odor which made me paranoid so i stopped going out and got anxiety disorder social withdrawal etc but. I went out on feb 08 to the pub mate a mate and we came back to mine and we took them again big mistake as after that night the symptoms where worse, they hwere happening everyday and i totally withdrew myself from society. in July 08 i started to see a primary health worker and i was finally getting out of the house and its helped but the smell is still here i thought it was linked with the anxiety so i said nothing to her so as im writing this i wont see her untill next week.

Is there a strong possibility these olfactory hallucination started that night when i sniffed them bad e's and my its a nose problem?
    rather than a brain tumor or schizophrenia ?

The last 2 i really hope it isnt.

Any help would be great thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread