It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• trouble swallowing

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-11-2009, 02:21 PM   #1
    Strawberry.hill
    (female)

Strawberry.hill HB User
    Question trouble swallowing

I have been having trouble swallowing. It started suddenly back in Sept '08. It went away after about a month. Nos it's back here is my list of symptoms. I am trying to see my doctor next week, so I wrote these down.
    I want some opinions on anyone that may have had similar symptoms, so I can have an idea of what to get checked. Thank you

* Feels like I can't swallow suddenly. I would be eating something, seems like forgot how to swallow. I choke on the food if I continue. This really frightens me and causes a lot of anxiety and stress.

* I can eat a few bites of food in the morning, after a few bites it starts again. At night it gets worse, and some nights I can't swallow anything at all. Sometimes I cannot even swallow water. I could be drinking water and feel like I forgot how to swallow it, I get frightened and spit it out. When it gets really bad I can't swallow saliva either, I panic and need to spit often.

* When it gets bad I produce large amounts of saliva and need to spit it out constantly, feels like my mouth will fill up and I will drown.

* I feel 2 lumps, one in my throat, and one down into the part where your throat meets your chest. As if I swallowed a rock and it's stuck there, it hurts.

* I have heartburn even though I am still taking Prilosec once a day.

* I feel a lot of air trapped inside, it's very bad when I wake up, so I take Alka Setlzer. Also when I just wake up I feel so full and bloated. The Alka Seltzer doesn't help much anymore. I burp a lot throughout the day.

* My throat feels tight, tense, not at the top where you get sore throat but right in the middle, in my neck. It feels like I have a rope tied around my neck.

This problem happened right before my gallbladder problem happened, (Sep 08) so I thought it was related. After getting my gallbladder fixed, it took a good time to be able to eat normally. So I thought I was OK now.
    I have been like this for a little over a week this time.
    Sometimes I can eat a little, I can eat a few bites quickly and that's it. Other times I can eat a little more at a time, and other times nothing at all.
    I still get very hungry, and if I manage to eat a few bites, it hurts the lump near my chest and I feel awfully full in my stomach (only for a while).

I appreciate any ideas, thank you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Strawberry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread