It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Occasional Tongue ache/burning with Laryngeal reflux

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-18-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
    KenWhen
    (male)

KenWhen HB User
    Occasional Tongue ache/burning with Laryngeal reflux

I recently went to see the ear, nose, and throat doc because of a sore throat that was getting worse and that was scratchy and causing me to cough. What I was really worried about was that it looked like my taste buds on many parts of my mouth looked bigger, my tongue burned and ached in a few spots
    (one in particular toward the back right), i had had some open sores on the back of my gums that hurt like hell but had closed after lots of saltwater rinses (when i showed him the bumps that were small but still there, he said they looked fine), painful jaw and throbbing painful teeth sometimes, and recently a swollen painful taste bud that went away after a few days . Well, he looked in my nose and throat with a camera and said that it looked like I had Laryngeal reflux, and put me on prilosec to be taken twice daily. well this mostly got rid of my sore throat after taking it for months (though still working on totally getting rid of some reflux at times). my question concerns my mouth: even though it seems the pain and burning has started to subside in my mouth in the past week, and sometimes its not there, but sometimes it is, with a feeling of something scratchy sometimes where my tongue and throat meet on the side in the very back. doc says everything looks ok, but maybe i should get an MRI if i just want to be totally 100% at ease. is it possible that my reflux is causing (or was causing) all the pain that was constant but seems to be somewhat subsiding the past week?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2009, 01:07 PM   #2
    freedom777
    (female)

freedom777 HB User
    Re: Occasional Tongue ache/burning with Laryngeal reflux

Reflux can cause acid deposits in the mouth back by the tongue. Go to the health store and get powdered acidophilus do mix with water and swish and swallow. Then put on back of tongue. Then down the hatch. When the tounge swells it can be from a food. Even if you have had not reaction to some foods you could start to be allergic to some try to monitor what you eat and see if things make it flare. If that does not work go get nutribiotic grapefruitseed extract in liquid form and add to juice and it will help any infection in in the ear nose throat (natural antibiotic).

Closed Thread