It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• ..READ that guide on here about tonsillectomy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-19-2009, 04:33 AM   #1
    Megsays
    (female)

Megsays HB User
    ..READ that guide on here about tonsillectomy

..READ that article on here about the adult tonsillectomy..

Sadly, it has literally described everything I have been through the past few days.

I thought I was getting better by day 4..whew great!! Got pot roast down!..

Well, days 5 and 6 have been HELL.

Pain is well around 8/10 just sitting here..and swallowing..god if there were such a number...I'd sure lay it down.

I've been doped up on demerol and it still hurts like crazy. I'm great with pain, but this is pushing it. My scabs are starting to fall off and it literally feels like my tongue is being ripped from the side of my mouth (just the left side though)..and when I swallow..feels like 2 blisters of raw skin hitting..and then the pain throbs throughout my ear.

It does push your to your limit, so PLEASE read that sticky note about this. It helps. Cold stuff HURTS now..warm is preferred. I just keep telling myself .. this is the height of the recovery..I'm doing well..keep going..I'll be okay. It's hard to do, but you can do it! Keep your medicine handy, stay in bed, sleep, get a heating pad for your neck and ears.

My left side hurts so bad..it doesn't even feel like I've had my right tonsil removed. CRAZY!

Anyway..

I haven't eaten anything today since it's only 5:30 am. I am hoping to get a little something down later. Last thing I managed to get down was a keebler cookie (chewy batch). It hurt, but it sure was goooooD! =)

Don't push yourself like I do..if you don't think you can handle it..I'm retarded when it comes to pain. I got a dry socket during wisdom teeth being cut out because I refused to listen to the doc..I wanted meat! not soup! .. and I've been doing the same here. BEen good so far..he said eat whaT I want..just don't scrape off the scabs.

So, we will see. Hopefully no bleeding will occur..but you can never be sure until you get to that point!

WEll, I'm out again, if you have any questions, feel free to ask me..I'd love to help you get through this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2009, 07:29 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: ..READ that guide on here about tonsillectomy

Meg - did you get that gel gargle that deadens your thoat? It worked wonders for me!

Old 05-19-2009, 02:12 PM   #3
    Megsays
    (female)

Megsays HB User
    Re: ..READ that guide on here about tonsillectomy

No I didn't...Did you get it from your ENT? Because I'd LOVE some right now...jeez..it feels like raw skin touching!

Closed Thread