It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Ear clogged problem ?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-09-2009, 10:17 AM   #1
    Scubbiedew
    (male)

Scubbiedew HB User
    Ear clogged problem ?

This is a first for me. Age 50. Was taking a shower on Monday and apparently got some water in my right ear. At first I was just hoping it would drain itself but it was beginning to get on my nerves. I tried a few drops of alcohol in my ear and it totally clogged the ear.

I then tried some poroxide and left it in the ear for about 10 minutes or so and that did nothing. I tired that a few times but no changes. The next day 9Tuesday) I tried some some warm olive oil , of course that did nothing as well.

Wednesday I went and got a ear wax removel kit , followed the directions on that , flused the ear a few times with warm water and still no changes. I also later tried what was called swimmers-ear stuff , and that also did nothing.

I also have tried a warm heating pad on the ear's side of head as well as a blow dryer from a distance. No changes. I've never had wax problems over the years (that I know of) IM figuring my ear must be super clean by now ! ?

I read that all the stuff in these wax and water removers for your ears are either alcohol or poroxide based, so Lord knows I've been there and done that for the past 4 days now. I stopped trying to pop my ears days ago , at least not in a forceful way.

IM here asking for any ideas on what might be left that I can do ? Trust me , If I had health insurance , I would have been to the doctor by now. IM counting my blessings as I write and I know it could always be worse no matter what the situation may be.

IM not in any pain , I just can't completely hear out of my clogged ear. any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2009, 09:38 PM   #2
    Scubbiedew
    (male)

Scubbiedew HB User
    Re: Ear clogged problem ?

Well after 6 total days and 2 days of just leaving my ear alone , I tried some Claritin-D within 8 hours of taking the dose , I was sitting at my PC typing and my ear opened back up. What a relief that truly was !

I bought the stuff the night before and wasn't going to take it before the following morning because that stuff in the past tends to make me feel druggy and very alert . It's no wonder I had to fill out a thing at the store just to purchase the stuff.

I had read about this Claritin-D before , but after 5 days and everything I tried on my own , it was worth a try and why this stuff worked , is beyon me ? I hope if anybody else out here might have the problem that I did and you can take something like Claritin-D , by all means give it a try. By the grace of the powers that be ........it worked for me.

Closed Thread