It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Curious About Pain in my tongue?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-01-2009, 08:46 PM   #1
    painsucksbad
    (male)

painsucksbad HB User
    Unhappy Curious About Pain in my tongue?

Hi, I have been researching this all day and can't find a real answer. hopefully someone can help because i'm in pain and need relief. I was diagnosed with mono this last week and have had a horrible sore throat all week along with other mono symptoms. It seems my throat is less inflamed then it was but now it feels like someone took a knife and slit my tongue on my left side all the way through. It feels like I have a couple of nails just stuck on the side and under my tongue. Its almost impossible to drink water even though I force myself to which is unbearable sometimes. I have also been gargling salt and warm water too. I bought a neti pot because I was told that might help and I have even gargled apple cider vinegar. Still no relief. The only thing that really gets me through the day is about 6 vicodin which are now almost gone. I dont know what i'll do when i run out if i can't get more. If any of you have any ideas on how to stop this pain, please let me know. thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2009, 09:22 PM   #2
    jill60
    (female)

jill60 HB User
    Re: Curious About Pain in my tongue?

I use to work for a pharmacist & people would come in asking what to use for a sore throat & he always said gargle with salt water. I know one time my son had such a sore throat he could not even stand to swallow his saliva. They tested him for mono but is was negative, strep also negative. They said it was a viral infection & just had to run its course.
    I am sorry you are in so much pain this is exactly how my son was.
    Hope it gets better soon

Jill

Quote:
    Originally Posted by painsucksbad View Post
    Hi, I have been researching this all day and can't find a real answer. hopefully someone can help because i'm in pain and need relief. I was diagnosed with mono this last week and have had a horrible sore throat all week along with other mono symptoms. It seems my throat is less inflamed then it was but now it feels like someone took a knife and slit my tongue on my left side all the way through. It feels like I have a couple of nails just stuck on the side and under my tongue. Its almost impossible to drink water even though I force myself to which is unbearable sometimes. I have also been gargling salt and warm water too. I bought a neti pot because I was told that might help and I have even gargled apple cider vinegar. Still no relief. The only thing that really gets me through the day is about 6 vicodin which are now almost gone. I dont know what i'll do when i run out if i can't get more. If any of you have any ideas on how to stop this pain, please let me know. thanks

Closed Thread