It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Problems After Ear Infection?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-11-2010, 06:41 AM   #1
    VincentNerva
    (male)

VincentNerva HB User
    Problems After Ear Infection?

Alight, there's quite a few details to go over here so bare with me. At the end of January I used a q-tip a bit too far in my ear. It hurt for a second and then it felt like my ear plugged up, and so I couldn't hear much of anything out of that ear. I let it slide for about 2 weeks because I have no health care and no money to really see a doctor. So eventually I gave in and had to get help from my parents to pay for the really expensive doctor. I didn't damage my ear drum, from what they said, but I did have a ear infection. They gave me antibiotics and my hearing cleared up a TON but ever since I had slight issues. I did have pain during the infection but I don't have any weird pain in my ear anymore, and most of the pressure that my ear felt is gone. NOW. My issue right now is that I still have very slight hearing problems, but no where near as bad as before. I also have liquid in my ear, which doesn't seem like its going away. I tried cleaning it with ear solution thinking it would be ok now that it's been a few months since I had used the antibiotics and so on, but it ended up making my hearing a lot worse for a few days yet again (I did this thinking maybe my ear was dirty since I hadn't cleaned it in a while, a lot of wax came out but my hearing didn't clear up).

Anyways, where I stand right now: I have slight hearing problems in my left ear, and it has liquid in it. I have had this for about 2 months now, not including the full ear infection I had just before. My right ear sometimes has liquid in it too now, which it never did before and has never had problems. Usually my right ear just cleared up after a day but its been 3 days that it's had liquid and its starting to worry me as well. Me and my family cant really afford to keep sending me to a doctor so im wondering if it's worth going or should I try to wait this out?

And one last clarification is that I was not able to do a follow up after I received antibiotics. The hospital screwed us over with the bills and it would of been impossible to see them again with so little money.

Any input would be incredibly useful here. I don't want this to spread and turn into something else, if that's possible. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread