It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Lump in throat sensation?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-26-2010, 03:36 PM   #1
    aliass
    Inactive
    (male)

aliass HB User
    Lump in throat sensation?

Hey chaps

What are the usual methods of treatment for this?

I've been on Lanzoprazole (for GERD) and that didn't help at all.

I always have lots of mucus in my throat. Always have to clear my throat.

Any advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2010, 10:05 AM   #2
    neptunian808
    (female)

neptunian808 HB Userneptunian808 HB User
    Re: Lump in throat sensation?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aliass View Post
    Hey chaps

I've been on Lanzoprazole (for GERD) and that didn't help at all.

I always have lots of mucus in my throat. Always have to clear my throat.

Any advice?

i get that lump in the throat feeling but only after i eat something, im on prilosec (omeprazole) is your lump there 24/7?

Old 12-27-2010, 10:26 AM   #3
    aliass
    Inactive
    (male)

aliass HB User

Pretty much mate. I am also on the same medication but stopped it yesterday as it wasn't doing anything.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:37 PM   #4
    royal10
    (female)

royal10 HB User
    Question Re: Lump in throat sensation?

[QUOTE=aliass;4647996]Hey chaps

I've been on Lanzoprazole (for GERD) I have been searching for that answer for 11 years. i have gone to countless Drs. and have had several tests and even surgery to remove my adnoides. have been on antibiotics several times a year,for infections this condition brings on. i am on antibiotics right now. yes, the infection will clear up, but not for long because the drainage in my throat never stops clogging up back there. eventually because it sits there bacteria begins to grow again. and the vicious cycle starts all over! i know how it all started, but have not been able to get any dr. to listen, believe, understand, they say because it doesnt make sense to them, then its not a medical reason. i can go back 11 years to my calander and pin point the exact date my problem began. i was laying on the couch and blew my nose when i felt something lodge on the right side of my throat. i believe now that because of that my sinuses do not or at least drain extreamly slow. and so i always have that terrible feeling of something in my airway. i have searched, i have prayed, i have lost countless number of nights of sleep over these years. i feel completely alone with this problem with no name. i have wanted to find another human being in this world that has this problem but i really feel i am alone. when the drs. cant pin point whats wrong and they tell you they can not help it is scary to say the least. i always say i feel like dorothynin the wizard of oz. at the end when everyone gets what they need and she says, i know there is nothing in there for me (she cant be helped) that is exactly how i feel! so i hope you can find your answer and if you do, please share it with me, not that it would be my issue, but its worth the try.

Last edited by royal10; 01-01-2011 at 06:40 AM. Reason: I'v been on lanzorprazole (for GERD) is not part of my statement, mine starts at, I have been searching.....

Old 12-29-2010, 07:40 PM   #5
    royal10
    (female)

royal10 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neptunian808 View Post
    i get that lump in the throat feeling but only after i eat something, im on prilosec (omeprazole) is your lump there 24/7?
    i have found eating a soda cracker seems to obsorb drainage in my throat. i am never without one!! i keep crackers by my bed

Old 12-30-2010, 05:36 AM   #6
    neptunian808
    (female)

neptunian808 HB Userneptunian808 HB User

[QUOTE=royal10;4650129]
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aliass View Post
    i have wanted to find another human being in this world that has this problem but i really feel i am alone. when the drs. cant pin point whats wrong and they tell you they can not help it is scary to say the least.
    i know the feeling the other day the doctor said he has never seen a case like mine yay

Closed Thread