It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Swollen tonsils, painful to touch.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-28-2010, 09:43 AM   #1
    Karolina1990
    (female)

Karolina1990 HB User
    Unhappy Swollen tonsils, painful to touch.

I am a 20 year old female. Since the summer I had strep throat (or so the doctor said) 4 times. He never actually did a strep test, just gave me meds for it, that helped. Since then my throat just looks deformed. The antibiotics make it better, but several weeks later it gets swollen and one side looks smaller then the other. I don't know whats going on. 3 days ago, I noticed my throat beginning to look weird again. Its about a month after my last strep throat. My tonsils or whatever they are on my left side of my throat started to swell up, and now it looks like I have 3 lumps on one side. However, the right side, only the front of my throat is a little bigger, and it makes the throat opening appear smaller. I had no sore throat or pain. Last night I woke up because I found it difficult to move without pain. Left side of my neck is really swollen and sensitive to pressure and touch or any movement. Even when I move my head it hurts. Pain is not that severe, maybe a 2 on a scale 1-10. It just causes discomfort. I do not have a sore throat, earache, no visible white spots, and I would say my throat is a little red on the outside.

I want to get my tonsils removed, but have very bad insurance now that would cost me an arm and a leg. What should I do now? Will this go away or do I have to seek a doctor. Anyone else have this problem before? I am just desperate to find some kind of answer or how I can make this go away. I am on vacation now visiting my mom and the doctor here that I go to is horrible. I went with a major swollen throat before and he said its a little bit swollen and disregarded it. I am going back home on New Years Eve, where I have a wedding to attend to, so can't see a doctor then really.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread