It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Do I have Nasal Polyps?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #1
    cowdog
    (male)

cowdog HB User
    Do I have Nasal Polyps?

Basically, I think I have got this thing called nasal polyps because I share similar symptoms which I heard: blocked nose, loss of smell and taste.

The only thing is: My nose is half-half blocked, that is one nostril is blocked half way i.e. I cannot fully breath out of it, the breath out is slow and warm which is why it is 'half-half blocked' the only difference is this changes sides throughout the day since I have noticed this.

I also find that I do not have a good sense of smell nor have good taste so I think I may have this. Do you think I have this?

Thanks for replies, also would be interested how you got rid off this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2012, 07:40 AM   #2
    qpac
    (male)

qpac HB User
    Re: Do I have Nasal Polyps?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
    Basically, I think I have got this thing called nasal polyps because I share similar symptoms which I heard: blocked nose, loss of smell and taste.

The only thing is: My nose is half-half blocked, that is one nostril is blocked half way i.e. I cannot fully breath out of it, the breath out is slow and warm which is why it is 'half-half blocked' the only difference is this changes sides throughout the day since I have noticed this.

I also find that I do not have a good sense of smell nor have good taste so I think I may have this. Do you think I have this?

Thanks for replies, also would be interested how you got rid off this.
    Not necessarily nasal polyps, it most probably is: hypertrophied (enlarged, swollen) turbinates. I have the same problem, nose being blocked and it alternates.
    I've seen 10 doctors and have had 4 surgeries. The 4th was a week ago and I feel it too might not have helped.

The problem is finding a good doctor who knows what to do with turbinates.
    Dont ever have your turbinates removed to any extent, that can cause ENS which is really bad and will stay with you for the rest of your life. ******* videos will show you how bad these people have it after they've been removed.
    We need someone who can reduce them from the inside to the correct extent, while not damaging them from the outside. I've been at this for a year and a few months now.
    Some doctors say they'll do a minimally invasive surgery and end up removing them, which should ideally strip them of their medical license but its not an ideal world.

The blockage is worst at waking up and sleep time is also the time we really need open nasal passages, otherwise we wake up tired and exhausted.

Again, the problem is finding a doctor who knows what he's doing. I still have some stuffiness after my 4th surgery a week ago. I'll give it another week but if it doesnt clear up, it will be clear I still have the issue. Although its improved and this 4th surgery has helped the most, its still not resolved completely.

Last edited by qpac; 01-12-2012 at 09:14 AM.

Closed Thread