It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• I even went to the ER and got NO help :-( will somebody please help me

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #1
    MommaMisty
    (female)

MommaMisty HB User
    I even went to the ER and got NO help :-( will somebody please help me

Ok so its friday .... On monday i woke up with the feeling that something was stuck in my throat .... It honest to god felt like a popcorn shell .... It stayed like that and then wednesday i noticed my left gland was swollen .... I was looking on the inside of my mouth it was 3 times the size of the 1 on the rite side .... I also figured out what was makin me feel something was stuck in my throat ... I had a big "bump" on the very back of my tounge and every time i swallow it makes me almost gag .... So once i saw the "bump" i freaked out and went to the ER scared it was strep or something .... The idiot doctor wouldnt even look at my tounge all he looked at was the back of my throat and told me it was a lil red and wasnt swollen at all and that i had a sore throat and sent me home !!!!!!!! for the following 2 days i was lightheaded and sick to my stomach but no fever..... I took my daughter to school today and had her look at it and she said it was a blister and that my left gland was really swollen ..... I have no idea what to do now considering the doc at the ER wouldnt even listen to what i had to say .... They did do a throat culture and i dont have strep so i guess thats good but atleast if i had strep i coulda got medicine and woulda known what was wrong with me :-( i dont know how much more i can handle i feel like im gonna throw up everytime i swallow :-( :-( can anybody help me ???????? Please?????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
    janewhite1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
    Re: I even went to the ER and got NO help :-( will somebody please help me

Honestly, the job of the ER is to make sure you won't get worse or die before your regular doctor can see you.

Have you made an appointment with a regular doctor? It might take some time to get complete answers, I'm afraid.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:31 PM   #3
    MommaMisty
    (female)

MommaMisty HB User
    Re: I even went to the ER and got NO help :-( will somebody please help me

I cant go to a doctor i dont have insurance .... Will cost me $160 to go to my doc office i have 2 kids to support and am a waitress at a small diner i cant spend that kinda money

Closed Thread