It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

Feels like a crowbar in my ear??

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
hookahohakooh
(female)

hookahohakooh HB User
Feels like a crowbar in my ear??

Hi im a 19 year old female who for the past couple years has been experiencing a tingling sensation in the right ear. It never bothered me much it would happen just occasionally but recently it's been happening every day all day and what happens is my ear gets really full like it feels like my entire ear is swelling, and it goes numb and tingly. It isnt painful, but if someone could put a crowbar in my ear and press down it feels like that without any pain. I can feel it up in my head and in the back of my throat. And the past few days it has reached my face now. I have gone to the doctors, no infections, they did a CT Scan (without contrast) and it came back fine. Im also getting headaches next to my ear and it feels as if someone is sticking a needle thru my head and pulling it out slowly. I also have been having a bad twitch in my right eyelid too idk if that has anything to do withit. Im always very fatigued, and i have a lot of anxiety, and depression. My insurance company wont approve a referral to an ENT because they don't see enough reason to send me to one. It is complete and utter ********, but for now this is what i can do. So if anyone could help i would REALLY appreciate it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #2
jenni9033
(female)

jenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB User
Re: Feels like a crowbar in my ear??

It sounds like either a form of eustachian tube dysfunction or TMJD, or a combination of both problems. I have been having a rough go of it lately, perhaps due to mold allergy and our damp winters. My ears have been trying to build up to a full-blown middle ear infection for a couple weeks, and I can hear liquid sloshing around in them when I move my head. I think I know the crowbar feeling you describe. I get a "scissors in the ear" pain and pressure periodically, and have found taking 800 mg ibuprofen to be helpful in calming that horrible sensation down. I'm sorry that you can't get a referral, as you really sound like you need to be under the care of an ENT.

Last edited by jenni9033; 02-13-2012 at 12:52 PM. Reason: typos

Closed Thread