It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

Sinus Surgery Dissolveable Gel did NOT dissolve

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2012, 05:13 AM   #1
Escgirl
(female)

Escgirl HB User
Question Sinus Surgery Dissolveable Gel did NOT dissolve

Hello,
Just wondering if anyone else has had sinus surgery (I had balloon septoplasty, deviated septum (small) and turbinates done) and the Dr. used a "dissolveable gel" that is supposed to dissolve in 14 days max. well I am now 32 days out and he is still pulling the hardened gel (which is the consisitancy of plastic now) out of my nose. I have had 5 debriements and still need more. Been going back weekly.

Since the gel was placed in my nose from eyebrow level (I believe) to the top of my nose .. I have experienced HORRID numbness in scalp, forehead, temples... also, lots of swelling on my forehead temples jaw bone next to ear. and pressure headaches awful...

the dr. doesn't believe I am allergic to the gel - he doesn't know why it didn't dissolve.... my headaches etc. has gotten better the more they take it out. but let me tell you - it sucks!!! my life and my two little ones who i care for and my husband have been effected terribly by this stupid gel and my headaches and reaction to this gel. I asked the dr to please just put my under and get it all out and he refused. went to second opionion they refused to take it all out as well... I have to just wait it out.

Hope NO ONE experiences this EVER...
my best to you,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2012, 06:18 AM   #2
Escgirl
(female)

Escgirl HB User
Re: Sinus Surgery Dissolveable Gel did NOT dissolve

went to the surgeon am now 35 days post op. had a bunch of the stuff come out of my left side a couple days ago. I wish I could post a pic of it. largest blood clots dark brown blood bigger than 50 cent piece... at one point a rubber glue consistancy thing came out of my nose about 2 inches long and 1/4 inch wide. must have been that gel.

well for the FIRST time the surgeon REALLY did admit it was the gel that acted as a "plug" in my sinus and never dissolved and caused tremendous presssure in my head - excruiating pain.... (OMG I am so mad). he kept telling me he didn't think it was the gel and that scientifcally speaking there was no reason for my pain) for 5 weeks!!!!!!!

he went in my right nostril where I still cannot get anything out of ... and tried to pull out more hardened gel.... could not get to it. Said he was causing more harm than good and (yes I then had red blood coming out of my right nostril)... he said I will see you in 4 weeks. I hate this man.

Closed Thread