It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

Vocal Disorder Please help

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
darklights12
(male)

darklights12 HB User
Vocal Disorder Please help

Hello, I have a vocal disorder that I've been told comes from my body creating and excreting extreme mucus hanging between the two muscles that make the noise of my voice. it causes my voice to be very high pitch and raspy, but when i apply pressure i can sound like a angry African american man. almost as if it cuts through the mucus strands to make my voice louder. But if I'm talking normally people 10 feet away cant understand what I'm saying unless its completely quiet. I'm in the Seattle area and wondered if anybody has any recommendations of a doctor go see or if they know of anybody with similar symptoms. I've met nobody like me, and heard of nobody with the same thing. the doctors told me they have no idea what is wrong with me. and they put me on a Nettie pot and some sort of nasal spray for 3 months and neither did anything, I've tried drinking lots of water all the time. and that doesn't help either. any further information or opinions would be awesome. thank you for your time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
disease, mucus, need help, throat