It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

Tickling in right ear

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-14-2012, 12:08 PM   #1
conniesp29
(female)

conniesp29 HB User
Angry Tickling in right ear

I have had this tickling in my ear for over 2 months. I've been to my doctor. They have given me pain pills for an earache, and two different drops. I've also used sweet oil from over the counter. NOTHING has helped. They say I do not have ear wax in there. And it looks red. Probably because I keep sticking my finger or a soft straw in there to try and itch. I'm going crazy. Any ideas???!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
jenni9033
(female)

jenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB Userjenni9033 HB User
Re: Tickling in right ear

Could be allergies. Allergies can choose the ear as a site to express symptoms (much like some people have asthma because their allergies have chosen the lungs/bronchial as a target site).

I found out that not only am I allergic to all the native plants and molds in my region, but I'm allergic to cotton. Guess what I was sticking in my ears for years to try to fix the itching? Cotton swabs. Then I wondered why my ear canals would swell and sometimes even weep fluid.

I was told by one of the nation's top ENTs that cotton swabs not only are dangerous (eardrum perforation/impacted wax), but that when you remove ear wax, you're actually removing one of the body's natural antibacterial/antimicrobial agents. In essence, you're taking out part of your immune system. It took flying across country and consulting with one of the best to break me of my cotton swab habit. Finally!

Old 05-18-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
conniesp29
(female)

conniesp29 HB User
Re: Tickling in right ear

THANK YOU. I have had allergies pretty bad since I've moved to Florida a few years ago. That's probably it. I do have an appointment now with ENT in June. Hope I find out more. Again, thanks for your response.

Closed Thread