It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

Badly Swollen Glands/Tonsils

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-25-2012, 08:57 PM   #1
GasG
(male)

GasG HB User
Badly Swollen Glands/Tonsils

hi I am 38 year old male. 3 days ago i woke up with swollen glands on my neck and one of my tonsil was swollen. The next day the swelling was much worst to a point where i can barely open my mouth and when i try to swallow it hurts. I went to see a doctor and she did a strep test which came negative.

So i was told to gargle with salt water adn take advil 4 times a day and just rest.

I am also having temperature of about 99.5 - 100.5 for 2 days. I have headache and feel run down. I noticed today that my uvula is also swollen and has a yellow coating. On the back of the tonsils i could see white stuff.

I read some people have swollen tonsils for 30 days which is scary..... I already lost 5 pounds in 3 days....

Is it possible that it is something else and not a simple viral infection that is suppose to go away in 5 days as the doctor said..... I just see i am getting slightly worst ....

Thanks for your help in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread