It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Deviated Septum causing these symptoms?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-12-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
    kamikazee
    (male)

kamikazee HB User
    Deviated Septum causing these symptoms?

Hi, I'm fairly new here and I would appreciate any input I could get on this matter. I have for sometime now been experiencing a handful of symptoms that are making me miserable. I almost constantly feel like I have a low grade cold.
    My main symptoms are fatigue, headaches, constant congestion (it just feels hard to breath through my nose and I end up breathing through my mouth under mild exertion), severe post nasal drip makes me feel like gagging, throat hoarseness and some days sore throat, reduce sense of smell (can only smell something if its close or really strong), also a weird dizziness sensation which is really hard to describe.
    I have absolutely no allergies I have been tested for everything. That's what I figured was causing these symptoms. This problem has been going on for years now and I have no idea whats causing these symptoms.
    The ENT I saw says I have a moderate deviated septum and a bone spur in one of my nostrils. I have been having panic attacks lately do to the sense of feeling like I can't breath and the severe post nasal drip. He's willing to do a septolasty but I'm not sure if it will help my problems. Also they did a catscan and my sinus appear to be fine. And I don't get a lot of sinus infections as far as I know.
    Please help they have checked everything else and nothing shows anything.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2012, 03:36 AM   #2
    tmwccs
    (male)

tmwccs HB User
    Re: Deviated Septum causing these symptoms?

Post nasal drip can course all kinds of misery, from a cough to full blown asthma. Talk to your doctor about steriod nasal sprays.

I experience coughing and hoarseness all from,post nasal drip.

I also have cough variant asthma(CVA) all because of allergies and post nasal drip.

Last edited by tmwccs; 10-13-2012 at 03:39 AM.

Closed Thread