It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

Occasional Sinus Pain and Earache

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
matt2911
(male)

matt2911 HB User
Question Occasional Sinus Pain and Earache

OK it seems that when I am at home on the weekends I get sinus pain (pressure) on and off, also have gotten an earache (past 5 days in left ear).
The sinus pain is now in my right forehead (upper section) and right sinus is blocked. I used steam inhalation from a pot of water first. Later spray nasal decongestant containing oxymetazoline HCI 0.05% Rite Aide brand. I also popped a 800 MG Ibuprophen tablet for the headache and maybe swelling in my sinus. The nasal spray seems to have helped me a bit, but I still have a headache (quite painful) in right temple.

History of symptoms in the last couple of weeks. Well I first noticed the earache and the popping cracking sound with fullness in left ear tuesday I think(11-20-2012). I also felt warmer than usual in this moderate climate, I think this is a mild temperature that I am experiencing. I know this cuz I went through the summer working outside and in and I did not feel this warm then and now the temp is down and I feel uncomfortably warm hmmmm, unusual !!

Thursday(turkey day) I noticed in the afternoon and evening congestion pain symptoms again with earache persisting (left ear). I felt warmer than usual too today but I did not take my temp as I was too busy cleaning around the house. I went down the rite aide and purchased some cold/flu cough syrup that helps with congestion and sleeping. I felt better the next day, but a bit dryed out, which required more fluids to be consumed (friday 11-23-12). Today I am seeing more symptoms that I listed earlier in this thread. I took the Ibuprophen and the nasel spray and seem to be feeling better now, that meds are working.

Looks like I will be saving a 50.00 co-pay for today at the urgentcare clinic. I really dont like to go there due to the fact that they are not my primary Drs. and dont have access to my history, AFAIK. They usually just diagnose and medicate, then say see your primary ASAP. So all told, I have to pay for the urgentcare appt of 40.00 and then go to my primary care Dr. and pay another 40.00 (plus lost time from work to see primary).

Thinking about the possible causes I see several possibles they are:
a. Viral Infection, This is a possibility due to my contact with customers every day. I did get a Flu shot recently as well 7 days ago.
b. Bacterial Infection, This could be cause as well due to various reasons..
Picking my nose habit....relative that has been diagnosed with a MRSI in the past, but may not be active now (Staph bacteria??) contact with dirty dogs at work that jump up on me and I pet them. They are not washed very regular as well(once every two to three months in summer and not at all in winter)
c. Fungual or Mold infection, yes there are mold problems at this house( more on this later) I am also getting over a bad case of jock itch and athletes foot. I am aware that all clothes need to be disenfected to prevent reinfection( doing this now with a spray disenfectant ).

Thanks for all your replies in advance.

Update on 12-09-12 I have realised that the feeling warmer than usual may be due to the warmer than usual temperatures in this area and not to my condition. Sorry for any confusion that I may have caused anyone. I am feeling a bit better after getting some really deep sleep recently and taking the medicines that I discussed in this thread plus stuff to help me sleep and relieve anziety Xanax

Last edited by matt2911; 12-09-2012 at 12:00 PM. Reason: add infor and sp

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
bacteria, earache, fungual, mold, sinus infection