It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

Swollen lymph nodes, large right tonsil, no sore throat

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2013, 08:23 PM   #1
hugeworrywart
(female)

hugeworrywart HB User
Swollen lymph nodes, large right tonsil, no sore throat

This all began on October 22nd, 2012. I woke up with a mild sore throat. As a child I had strep throat several times per year so I checked the back of my throat and I saw several white pus sacs on my right tonsil. Left tonsil looked normal. I went to urgent care (it was Saturday) and the dr said he didn't think it was strep bc my sore throat wasn't that bad (he also looked in my throat, obviously). He prescribed me a Zpack and sent me on my way. Well it did nothing for me so I made an appt with my GP. My sore throat was on and off with a slight fever for another week before I could be seen by my GP. Went in and he didn't think it was strep either. Told me it was a bad sinus infection and prescribed me a strong decongestant and some nasal spray. Neither seemed to do much. Still had the white pus sacs on my tonsils which are also very red and inflamed. Went to urgent care again on December 21st because I noticed that my left tonsil now had white pus too. The dr did a rapid strep test which came back negative. She seemed concerned that I was not better after nearly 8 weeks. She prescribed me 10 days of amoxicillin. I just finished it about 2 days ago. Throat does not hurt and white spots are gone but it is still extremely red and swollen. I also noticed that the lymph nodes in my neck are swollen all the way down to near my collar bone. They don't hurt or anything. I also have been sneezing quite a bit and feel very exhausted all the time. I only felt mildly sick a few times over this 10 week "bug" which makes me wonder if its not a bug at all. I'm 27, female, average weight and height. No other health problems or medications. Any ideas about what this could be?!? I have an appointment with an ENT on January 10th but just curious in the meantime. Thanks in advance

Last edited by hugeworrywart; 01-02-2013 at 08:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread