It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

Botched surgery.. Tonsillectomy.

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2013, 12:21 AM   #1
CaityW
(female)

CaityW HB User
Botched surgery.. Tonsillectomy.

I had my tonsils removed back in May, 2012.. It was the most painful thing I have ever experienced. The first month after the surgery I was in and out of the hospital with pneumonia, I was unable to speak clearly.

9 months later, I still have major issues. I constantly get pneumonia, I still cannot speak clearly and on top of that I now have sleep apnea, and a heart condition due to the labored breathing. I pass out often and there is talk of revoking my drivers license and putting me on oxygen permanently.

I have the greatest team of doctors that Southern California has to offer. As of right now I have sever nerve damage to my tongue and as well as a paralyzed soft palate. Before tonight I thought I was the only one with such an insane situation after such a standard procedure but go check out Micah Johnson on American Idol!!! It seems like his breathing is much better than to be able to sing like that...Id pass out after the two the line

But Im posting this to maybe get some answers, maybe there are really a lot more cases like this? I just want to know what I can expect for the future because it seems to just be going downhill from here. Any answers are greatly appreciated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

« Etd | tonsillectomy »