It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

Where can I turn when no one has the answers?!?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-15-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 1
willowwv HB User
Angry Where can I turn when no one has the answers?!?

I have had a small pin size hole in my mouth develop and when I went to the dr they treated me like a circus freak-telling me that I was a one in a million adult that had a cleft pallet develop. They actually would call the nurses and other drs into check it out. I was told me a highly recommended specialist that there was nothing to do about it but the good news was that it would not could not get any bigger. Well, the hole is now the size of the entire roof of my mouth, I have no sinus cavities any more, I have constant drainage of thick green stuff that includes anything that I put into my mouth, I have ringing in my ears, severe headaches that would make a migraine feel like a mosquito bite, pain in my neck and facial areas, hard time swallowing, and besides the severe constant pain-I have to put up with everyone thinking that I am retarded because I have lost most of my speaking abilities. I have had to put up with this for 2 yrs trying to find answers and seem to be getting no where fast...or at all for that matter. I would love to meet a real dr house-this would be the perfect case for him...but since we all know that is impossible...I am up for any advice you might have!

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 04-16-2013, 01:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
ladybud's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6,039
ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Where can I turn when no one has the answers?!?

I know a wonderful Dr who deals with problems like yours. He is an orofacial surgeon that specializes in cleft lip, palate, and other head/neck treatments and is quite an artist at making devices to close gaps and holes and fill in missing pieces. He is at the University of Nebraska in Omaha, Dr Jeff Markt. If you can travel to see him, I think you'd be very pleased. He works with a team of physicians, so if any surgical treatment is required, that could be done there as well. Good luck-I truly think you can be helped. It is unfortunate you have not found someone locally who knows what to do for you. Worth a trip to Nebraska!

Closed Thread

facial pain, head and neck pain, mouth sores, sinus pain, speech problems

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:32 PM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
© 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!