It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• ears ringing after middle ear infection!! help!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
    ghost223
    (male)

ghost223 HB User
    Unhappy ears ringing after middle ear infection!! help!!!

Hi, i've been diagnosed with a middle ear infection on my right ear and ive had it for about 15 days now along with it, this constant ringing noise in my ear about 7500 hz .. it is extremely scary like i dont know if i can live a normal life with this or have the motivation to do anything. I been reading so much online and honestly not much positive stuff written about the ringing, many people will say it wont go away or hasn't gone in months or years BUT some doctors say it goes away usually after the fluid clears up .. i have that fluid build up in my ear which im taking betahistine for, it is to absorb the liquid or fluid .. after 5 6 days doctor did say it improved by 40 % but she wasn't satisfied and said it should've been 90% better and told me to go to the ER which i did and they referred me to the ENT who i'm going to tmw. I'm hoping to hear good things from her that it WILL go away soon, and that is what i'm hoping to hear from ANY of you with similar experiences that it goes away, and please if you have any negative information i'd say just don't tell me, if you got positives about this situation than please do tell, and for the moment what can i do to keep the noise in my ear to a tone i can bear. I have been using 2 fans for white noise which r really loud which help and ill watch shows to keep me distracted which also help but what other things should i avoid.. and please somebody just anybody tell me that you were in similar situation and your ears stopped ringing eventually..will love feedback on this..thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #2
    Imacarbuff
    (male)

Imacarbuff HB User
    Re: ears ringing after middle ear infection!! help!!!

The ringing in your ears will most likely stop when the problem that brought it on is resolved......and that can take a bit of time sometimes. I've had mild ringing in the ears for years- induced by loud music from back in the day, military service and loud manufacturing job. But, when I have issues with my ears....like I am having right now, the ringing ramps up to a whole new level. But, been down this road before-and I know that when whatever this is that's going on in my left ear right now is resolved-my ears-and the ringing will go away.
    Be patient, it may take some time. Be assured that you own body is working to resolve this issue on its own-but medical intervention can speed that process along-sometimes. Good luck and try not to dwell on the ringing-it will only make it louder.

Closed Thread

Tags
    ringing, tinitus