It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• I think I popped my ear drum??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
    ESHBOM
    (female)

ESHBOM HB User
    Unhappy I think I popped my ear drum??

Hey guys, so lastnight I was cleaning my ears with a qtip ( I know I shouldn't have been, but I did) and I felt a slight pain as I touched something, so I put the qtip, stopped playing with my ear and went to bed. But at 3a.m this morning pain in my ear woke me up, there was some Liquid in my ear and it felt incredibly blocked. But I could still hear out of it. So I took some Panadol for the pain and mum put some ear drops in. My ear still hurts and now my jaw seems to hurt to. So I guess my question is should I go to the doctor tomorrow? And did I pop my ear drum? Am I going to loose my hearing?!?!

P.s this has happened before and it healed within a matter of monthes without going to the doctor but this time I think the pain is worse

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #2
    gmak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
    Re: I think I popped my ear drum??

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ESHBOM View Post
    Hey guys, so lastnight I was cleaning my ears with a qtip ( I know I shouldn't have been, but I did) and I felt a slight pain as I touched something, so I put the qtip, stopped playing with my ear and went to bed. But at 3a.m this morning pain in my ear woke me up, there was some Liquid in my ear and it felt incredibly blocked. But I could still hear out of it. So I took some Panadol for the pain and mum put some ear drops in. My ear still hurts and now my jaw seems to hurt to. So I guess my question is should I go to the doctor tomorrow? And did I pop my ear drum? Am I going to loose my hearing?!?!

P.s this has happened before and it healed within a matter of monthes without going to the doctor but this time I think the pain is worse
    I had to take my bff to the dr for this exact thing & the dr said that the wax that coats our ear canal, th outer ear before the eardrum, works as an antiseptic to keep bacteria from infecting the ear & if the wax is disturbed by a non sterile object like a qtip an infection is possible or in her case was definite. An outer ear infection caused her pain, drainage, muffling sounds & intermittent muffled hearing from the swollen sides of the ear canal touching each other. She was prescribed antibiotic eardrops & by mouth & a steroid ear drops for the swelling. If i were you i would get an appt just in case its still hurting tomorrow! I hope that it gets better soon!

Old 10-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
    ESHBOM
    (female)

ESHBOM HB User
    Re: I think I popped my ear drum??

Thankyou soo much, I woke up to pain again this morning so mum is making me a doctors appointment. Thanx heaps

Closed Thread

Tags
    ear ache, ear clogged, ear drum, ear fluid