It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Help! incredible pain with ear tubes & poss middle ear infection

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-01-2014, 08:31 AM   #1
    cinemaniac
    (male)

cinemaniac HB User
    Help! incredible pain with ear tubes & poss middle ear infection

Hi people. I hope someone can help me. I am currently in intense pain in my head, right ear & eustachian tube. I had a tube (grommet) fitted in my right ear just over 4 weeks ago. I have had nothing but trouble with it ever since. Not only did my hearing in that ear completely go, but also my whole head filled with pressure. Doc has already agreed to remove the tube & has even said he would bring the appointment forward due to problems increasing day by day. I saw a doc Thursday, who gave me Gentisone HC ear drops to put in, for a suspected middle ear infection. I have been on oral antibiotic up till then. I haven't dared to put the drops in yet, as I read a paper that said using the drops are only slightly less likely to result in total deafness, than if no treatment is used at all!

The fact is, I don't even know if I have an infection as, there are no signs of any fluid leakage, as it says there should be. Just a bit of blood on the eardrum, with the tube having been misplaced a bit. Should I use the drops or not? Also, as I am sitting here typing desperately, I am hoping that I don't pass out as my head is literally feeling like it's going to explode & no I'm not exaggerating! I have taken all the painkillers I'm allowed to, yet the pain just keeps on increasing. I can't go to the doctors as, I've already been there most of this last week. Maybe if I did pass out, then someone would have to call me an ambulance & hopefully they would do something then! Please help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    ear clogged, ear tubes, middle ear infection, migrane headaches, severe pain