It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Eustachian Tube Dysfunction - Sound Sensitivity?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-16-2014, 01:00 PM   #1
    mmc210
    (female)

mmc210 HB User
    Eustachian Tube Dysfunction - Sound Sensitivity?

Hi everyone,
    I am desperately trying to find others in my same situation who might be able to shed light on my condition. Does anyone with Eustachian tube dysfunction (blocked tubes) experience a little sensitivity to certain sounds? Apparently, according to my diagnosis, I'm supposed to have muffled hearing but I haven't noticed my hearing is compromised. I suffered chronic sinusitis for years which vacillated from painful and obnoxious, to barely noticeable at times. My ears have been intermittently full off and on over the past few years. Last year while pregnant, I had terrible vasomotor rhinitis and sneezed at least 100 times per day. That cleared up but now this winter, I developed ear fulness, constant cracking, popping and pressure changes in my ears that will not ease up as well as postnasal drip. Also, I started noticing some sensitivity to sound (just certain frequencies like my baby crying, silverware clanking) that bothers me a bit, other times I don't think much about it. It especially bothers me when I'm panicked about my condition and hypersensitive to every little symptom. I've been told it's Eustachian tube dysfunction, as I have constant pressure changes/popping cracking in my ears that fluctuate by the minute. One ear pops loudly, the other ear feels full, then pops loudly - the left ear is worse than the right. Have tried Dymista, antihistamines, rinsing, the whole spread but it doesn't seem to be getting better. Sometimes I'll go hours or a day or two without being bothered by the symptoms and think I am getting better. Then, when I wake up the next morning, the symptoms are back. My ears are always full when I wake up, but I feel them drain as I stand up and my ears even feel wet to the touch in the canal.
    I do not have any vertigo or tinnitus. Anyone experiencing anything similar, especially noise sensitivity?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2014, 03:32 PM   #2
    worriedears
    (female)

worriedears HB User
    Re: Eustachian Tube Dysfunction - Sound Sensitivity?

I'm wondering how this went for you? Did you get better? How are you feeling? I am dealing with almost the exact same symptoms

Closed Thread