It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Upper endoscopy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-05-2015, 07:18 PM   #1
    Chellebelle11
    (female)

Chellebelle11 HB User
    Upper endoscopy

Hello! This is my first post, but am curious as to if anyone can give me an idea of what an impression might mean on the findings section of this report. This was for an endoscopy and It states the upper third of the esophagus middle third of the esophagus and lower third of the esophagus is normal. The Z line was irregular And was found at the gastroesophageal junction. biopsies were taken with a cld forceps for histology. Biopsies were also obtained In mid esophagus separately. Diffuse mild inflammation characterized by erosions, erythema and granularity was found in the gastric antrum. Biopsies were taken with a cold forceps for Helicobacter pylori testing. This all relates to my moms testing today. Pathology reports should come in within 7 to 10 days which of course right now seems like forever away. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by Chellebelle11; 02-05-2015 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Misspelled words

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2015, 07:27 AM   #2
    rainbowsrock
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB User
    Re: Upper endoscopy

Sounds like you Mum is being tested for gastric reflux and ulcers. The inflammation suggests some problem has been identified...you'll know more soon

Closed Thread

Tags
    digestive disorders, esophagus, gastritis, h pylori gastritis antibiotics finished pain