It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board

• Inner Ear Itchiness Healer

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-13-2015, 11:04 AM   #1
    lessies
    (female)

lessies HB User
    Lightbulb Inner Ear Itchiness Healer

I've had ***inner itchy middle ears*** for about 12 years. The ENT dr.s said it's inner ear eczema that probably won't ever go away and prescribed a corticosteroid cream -Triamcinolone Acetonide (0.25%) that I insert with qtip at front of ear, then pump the Tragus outer part of the ear about 20 times so that the cream pushes in without the qtip entering the canal. I am allergic to hydrocortisone, so the Triamcinolone acetonide was the chosen "cousin" that would not cause allergy. Start off with application daily, then less frequently as ear will build up strength. I never had problems with any side effects. Very effective, but if I didn't use after weeks, itchiness would return. I've been out of my prescription for months and they won't refill because I don't have funds to visit drs so I've been using sweet almond oil (non food) dropped in ear with dropper, and sometimes other days a little witch hazel helps relieve symptoms until I can afford a drs appt to update Rx.

Anyway, go tell dr's about this effective corticosteroid cream and if it's for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    eczema, inner ear, itch, itchiness, middle ear