It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board

• Mom is too worried

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-22-2015, 05:19 AM   #1
    kas711
    (female)

kas711 HB User
    Angry Mom is too worried

I get that it's a mother's job to worry, I've been told over and over and over again, but this morning she just went too far. I got everything ready for my entire family's breakfast, as usual, and I did eat my breakfast too. I'm the first one to get up in the morning, so I eat by myself then get ready for the day, and for school. Because I didn't leave a box of cereal out on the table, my mom freaked and started yelling. "Why didn't you have breakfast this morning?! I thought we were past this." I responded calmly that I did eat breakfast, and I just forgot to put a box of cereal on the table, and that I would remember the next time. Secondly, what made me angry was that I'M the one working on recovery, she's doing NOTHING AT ALL. So yeah, it ****** me off that she would say "I thought WE were through this." She then continued to say "I don't believe you. I think it's time to get on the scale." So I did. Usually I don't look at the numbers but I did, because I KNOW for a fact that I am well. I've been recovered for months! 123 pounds is what I weighed, and I refused to talk to her afterwards, just because I know where I am with my recovery (recovered), and the fact that she still can't believe me angers me. Once again, I understand that my mom is worried, but this morning she crossed a line with me, and she pushed me too far.

The following user gives a hug of support to kas711:
    roxcyn (05-22-2015)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    anorexia, eating disorder, eating disorders, recovery