It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board

Urgent please i need help (metabolism/long-term/gain weight forever)

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-07-2017, 12:06 AM   #1
Nouurrr
(female)

Nouurrr HB User
Urgent please i need help (metabolism/long-term/gain weight forever)

Hi there
Im 5ft 18 yo female, had a part of anorexia but recovered physically only ( low calorie meal plan ) reached 110lbs which killed me, relapsed to 86lbs and now i want to recover once and for all but im sooo scared since 110 is just too much for my height. I still wanna have a fast metabolism after recovery, so i can live normally again
My main question here is:
It's widely claimed that my metabolism speeds up during "hyper metabolism" and sometimes remains high after anorexia recovery. It's also documented that this hyper phase might fade away, but a higher than normal metabolism stays post-anorexia recovery
That makes me quite scared and hesitated about taking the recovery path.
So let's say that im recovering at 4000 cals
After im fully recovered will i somehow decrease to a lower amount of calories or stay the same ? Because i know that decreasing is gonna drag me to the same old dieting mentality
What im trying to understand is, is my metabolism ever gonna slow down after im healthy again , or maybe remain relatively high?
Because i never wanna decrease my cals again and i wanna live freely but something about this "fading away" phrase just haunts me ..
I just wanna recover as a slim healthy girl with a fast metabolism and the ability to eat the things i desire with the quantities i desire
Some people recovered at 6000cals for 20 months, maintained at 4000ish cals and gained at 5000 cals !
Can i start recovery with a lot of calories (maybe 4000 and if i feel more hungry then work my way up)?
If i start now, it means im starting at a BMI of around 16.5-16.7
What do you think ?
Please please please tell me your experience and how to survive post weight restoration cuz im so confused and dont know how i should continue to live like a human being anymore

Last edited by Administrator; 07-07-2017 at 08:19 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply