It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board

Amount of food for recovery after period?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2017, 10:59 AM   #1
Green Gopher
Green Gopher HB User
Question Amount of food for recovery after period?

So I was restricting for about 4 months. For the last two it got pretty bad. I've missed 1 period. I started recovering 1 month ago and have since gotten all the symptoms (hunger, tiredness, uneven weight distribution, etc.). They are all gone now. I just yesterday got my period back. Do I stay on the recovery amount (3000 cals- female under 25, about 5'7, according to MinnieMaud)? Apparently physically I'm still thinner than I was before I started my issues. Is that a problem?
Yesterday, since I wasn't sure what to do, I just ate to my hunger, basically, and noticed I couldn't have had more than 2000-2100 cals. Is that bad? Should I increase again?
Thanks, and please help.

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 11-10-2017, 07:28 AM   #2
stargazer0505 HB User
Re: Amount of food for recovery after period?

Agreed, not a quick process. I had anorexia/bulimia for a full 15 years and did not have a period in all that time... so by late 30s had severe osteoporosis... i am 62 now and have battled with medications, shots, weight bearing exercises for many years, but the medicines continue to improve, hooray!

It took a long time to gain weight and you are lucky you can eat that much in one day and not freak! Hooray for you!! Good health will surely be yours and a great weight to go along with it with such wonderful success and determination!!

Keep it up!!

Reply Reply

anorexia, calories, hunger, period