It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board

• Anyone with eating disorder knowledge could help me on this 1

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-23-2004, 03:20 AM   #1
    m1st3r10uz_f

m1st3r10uz_f HB User
    Unhappy Anyone with eating disorder knowledge could help me on this 1

Ok.. I don't know what kind of answer I'm looking for, but I'm just looking for some good advise. I was wondering if anyone would talk about my problem, cos I have no one to talk to about it, plus im not the type to tell anyone about how im feeling, but I think its time to make a start or I feel I will never help myself. Please anyone who has knowleadge with eating disorders and depression. I am 100% sure that I have an eating disorder, but i'm not too sure about depression. But anyone who thinks they'd be able to help me in anyway can you please reply to my post?? Please and thank you to anyone who gets back to me *MwOoAh *

Last edited by moderator2; 01-23-2004 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Please carefully read, know and follow the board guidelines and posting policy. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2004, 03:27 AM   #2
    hellnheels69

hellnheels69 HB User
    Re: Anyone with eating disorder knowledge could help me on this 1

Sounds like you need professional help. Emailing someone without any credentials won't get you anywhere- especially if you have a serious problem. Make an appointment with a therapist that specializes in eating disorders in your area.

Old 01-23-2004, 06:07 AM   #3
    Elizabethspark

Elizabethspark HB User

How can anyone begin to help you if you can't give more information as to what you need help with? This is a safe place. No one is here to judge you. Hopefully you will be able to talk about your problem one day soon. Without talking, it's going to be impossible for you to get better.

Old 01-23-2004, 07:45 AM   #4
    m1st3r10uz_f

m1st3r10uz_f HB User

oh well i dont no where to start but ill try..
    i dont even no wen it started.. and why. but ive been so insecure for ages i dont enjoy anything at all anymore. Im always worried when it comes to looks and my habits dont seem to change even though i try so hard to break out of them. I try everyday not to eat a thing, unless its healthy. But if i eat 1 of my forbidden foods (anything thats not fruit or vegies) it tends to lead to a big binge. sometimes i purge to get rid of it, sometimes i try to purge it out but nothing cumz out, or sumtimes i just dont want to so it stays in my stomach and i feel more helpless than ever. I tell my self everyday to go out and get help but for some reason i find it hard to go out the door.. i just stay in my pjz all day and hide from the world.. its really sad.. i hate going out in public i feel so insecure especially when im by myself...i know all i have to do to loose weight is eat healthy and in moderation and exxercise but i cant seem to do it.. at one stage i joined a womens gym and went on a diet plan there.. there was no way i would join a mixed one im much to insecure for that..i lost a little weight but even then i was too paranoid to travel there on my own, and then i just didnt wanna go becuase of that and gave up when i was doing good. I have no one to talk to cos i only have 1 true friend that i use to live with, but i was purging and having the same habits whilse i was living with her and she didnt notice, but i could never tell her, im to embarressed of what i do. My family knowz, but they prefer to tease me about it instead of taking it serious and tend to have a habit of trying to make me feel bad everyday, by calling me fat and names along that. It hurts tho even tho i know its true, my dad even told me one day i would never be skinny dead. but i know thats not true, because i believe i can. but anyway that wasnt even my problem, how can i break ot of this vicious cycle? I just wanna have a normal life, go out without feeling abit insecure, have fun, have a busy life i dont wanna be a waste of space who doesnt do nothing all day but eat, thats what i am now. I know what i have to do and i really want to boost my confidense but why havent i done it yet? Its so bad it makes me wanna just get out of it and end it by takin mai life.. that sounds crazy but im feelin so helpless and i dont know why. It must be pathetic to read.. people will say just get help..get a job.. join a gym again, ... but i cant explain it but for some reason it doesnt come easy to me. I dont know if what i wrote make sence cos theres alot thats on my mind of what i want to say about my problem but i wont try any further this is way too long. sorry for wasting ur time and i hope someone could get back to me..

Old 01-23-2004, 12:01 PM   #5
    Elizabethspark

Elizabethspark HB User

You are not wasting anyone's time and you are NOT a waste of space!! SO get those two things out of your head now! It sounds like you are surrounded by a bunch of nit wits if all they do is laugh at you and tease you about your insecurities. That is so wrong. My suggestion, and it's cheaper than joining a gym or buying into the diet pills and diet plans cause it's FREE... I would find the nearest OA group to you and GO. As soon as possible. Overeaters Anonymous. GREAT group of people. Large, small, short, tall... but they all have something in common.. they are food addicts. Like me and like you. Admitting you have a problem and that you are powerless against it is one of the first steps. I am proud of you for reaching out like this to get help. You are beginning to share and that is all part of the healing process, so good for you! I know it was sooooo hard for me to talk about it at first, but i have been talking for a year and a few months and it just gets easier. But, I am serious about the OA meetings. No one there is going to think anything about you. You don't even have to say a word. Sometimes listening to other people stories can be just as healing as talking about your own. There's also a website you can check out.. I believe it's oa.org but I support you and if anything, keep posting here. No one here will ever tell you you are fat and worthless and a waste of time. Because that is NOT the truth. The truth is you need love. Lots and lots of it. So, MUCH love to you!

Old 01-23-2004, 09:50 PM   #6
    m1st3r10uz_f

m1st3r10uz_f HB User

I am so relieved thank you so much, i was almost afraid of checking my post becuase i was afraid of what someone would say, but now I see that there is nice people out there who care. And I've read a few posts to find that i'm not the only person going through this. Thank you so much for your advise I really want to try that, I really want to feel happy and healthy again. I never really thought that they would have meetings like that, but I think its a good idea and that it would do me good. I was even too scared to tell the doctors about my problem but since its a meeting with people with the same kind of problem it would be much easier for me. Take care and look after yourself *MwOoAh* Thanks again!!!

Closed Thread