It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board

• indigestion?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-09-2004, 11:14 PM   #1
    hwbe
    Inactive

hwbe HB User
    indigestion?

I've been binging purging for about 9 months now and among other problems with my health due to that I noticed problems with my stomach lately. Whenever and whatever I eat stays in my stomach for so long and I feal so full as if I ate a few times more than I actually did. I may have some stewed vegetables, or a small sandwitch with peanut butter, or fruit with yogurt, anything stays in my stomach for hours! And the worst thing is that lately it's the main reason that makes me want to binge. When I feel so full I want to throw up and if I decide to do it I binge as much as I can and then throw up. I know I wouldn't do it if I didn't feel so full and bad after my normal meal. I think I've read somewhere that a stomach may get used to purging and starts digesting food slowly waiting until it will be thrown up. Is that what is happening to me? Did anyone else experience such problems? How long may it take to make it normal again if I stop b/ps? I would really like to eat more than I eat throught the day but I can't because this food is sitting here! I don't feel hungry for my supper at 6pm, because I can feel my dinner in my stomach that i had at 12! Even if that was something really easily digested and small amount. I tried to use digestive enzymes, various teas for digestion but nothing seems to help.. Any advice will be very appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2004, 07:28 AM   #2
    Nikkita

Nikkita HB User
    Red face Re: indigestion?

hwbe
    I have bulimia also.i have the opposite problem really. I never really feel full. i can eat frightening amounts of food and be hungry again an hour later but i used to be a binge eater so i dont really know what its like to be full.I paniock when ive eaten the smallest amount but i dont feel full.
    Anyways do you suffer from heartburn and acid reflux, just with the title of your post.Is it maybe more that you have indigestion rather than your stomach being full?Some things do stay in your stomach for hours like vegetables and stuff but you probably digest most of it fairly quickly.
    But i have heard that your stomach can empty slower. i dont know about how long it would take for the situation to reverse. apparently most physical complications are reversed once the behaviours stop. It is gradual though.
    Sorry i havent been of particulkar help but take care
    Keep posting
    Love Nikkitaxx

Closed Thread