It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board

• CHOLESYSTOKININ: Is this why we can't feel full?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-13-2002, 11:56 PM   #1
    SlimPix
    (female)

SlimPix HB User
    Post CHOLESYSTOKININ: Is this why we can't feel full?

As someone who's been bulimic for a long, long time, I am not able to feel "full" no matter how much I eat. I heard this is because the digestive hormone, cholecystokinin, has been depleted through all the throwing up. I'm wondering if there's any way to replace this hormone so that I can start feeling like I've eaten. It is getting very expensive to live at this horrendous rate of eating, not to mention all the time used up in trying to feel satiated. Can you offer any info or can you at least relate to this frustrating side-effect of bulima?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2002, 11:14 AM   #2
    youneeak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

youneeak HB User
    I've never heard of this, but I want to look into it now. I also have issues with feeling full, and find myself binging even when I don't want to, merely because I am not full....hmmm, thanks for the post, now I'm curious. If you find anything out, please post and let us know...I'll do the same

NEVER GIVE UP
    ~sarah~

Closed Thread