HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Eating Disorder Recovery (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/eating-disorder-recovery/)
-   -   Feel like you're never "full"? (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/eating-disorder-recovery/44208-feel-like-youre-never-full.html)

ariela 03-06-2003 08:23 AM

Feel like you're never "full"?

I looove to eat.

I have a few extra pounds (maybe 20 or 25), but I am not considered "overweight" because I am tall.

I feel like I could eat all day, nonstop.

I never really feel full. Even when I am full, I wait a while and start again.

This is not really bulimia, because I don't throw up after that. Or is it?

I try to watch it. I am not really ADDICTED to doing it, because I am married and I always try to watch my weight. But the feeling of wanting to eat all the time is always there.

Once I put on some extra pounds, I watch what I eat, exercise a little, and everything goes back to "normal" until I start eating a lot again.

I have read a lot about eating disorders, and I really don't feel like I have a disorder.

I just feel like I love to eat, and it can make me fat if I don't watch it. But I will still eat some things behind my husband's back.

Any comments?

jessiesgirl 03-07-2003 12:44 AM

I could have written this post. I am like that too. I am just never full. I'm hungry before, during, and after meals, it's ridiculous. And I'm always wanting to eat, I have to try HARD to keep my mind off it and stop myself. Even when I go grocery shopping, or I buy a box of snacks (like a box of crackers or a large bag of chips) I constantly think about those foods all day, and want to eat them all! Like I want to eat all the food that I buy in one day. I don't know if that's an eating disorder or not, but that's how it is for me!

ariela 03-07-2003 04:34 AM

Yes... It's exactly like that.
It's like I am cooking for dinner, and I am already thinking about what I will make for lunch the next day.
It IS ridiculous, I agree.

Sinnrah 03-07-2003 05:15 AM

I felt like that last night. But for me this whole eating disorder thing gets triggered when I feel like that.

So I have to seriously take into context my feelings at this particular time. Like is my period...or what.

I felt fat last night...and I didnt eat anything unhealthy. But it took everything I had not to let that trigger in my head switch back to the on position. ya know?

Sinnrah

youneeak 03-15-2003 06:51 AM

Hi ariela :wave: and welcome to the boards!!

First of all, I have to ask, are you really HUNGRY, or you're just eating to fill other emotional aspects of your life. I know for me that I could eat all day everyday if I let myself...but it's not because I'm hungry...it's because of the other things I'm filling with the food...the unfillable voids I try to shove aside with cookies and bread.

If you really are HUNGRY all day everyday, that could be a very serious medical issue that you should have checked out by a physician...if you're eating to fill other voids, that could be a sign of an eating disorder, which is still very serious and can lead to other problems later on.

I first want to congratulate you on not purging!! That is a big step that will help you along the way, b/p cycles are horrible and difficult to control. Secondly, however, if you eat a lot one day and then starve yourself, or work out excessivly the next or something like that, this can be considered a form of bulimia, however...some people just work like that. My best friend will eat a lot of food for a week, and then the next week, hardly eat anything. She eats when she's hungry and she eats naturally and normally...even though some people think it's "not normal, it works for her."

So there are a lot of factors that go into whether or not this is an eating disorder. Please continue to post. This board is a great place to help ya figure some things out. ;)

NEVER GIVE UP
~sarah~