It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board

• So, you're anoerxic or you want to become anoerxic; please, read this.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-19-2003, 07:30 PM   #16
    youneeak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

youneeak HB User
    My ED has been my best friend, my savior, my worst enemy and my silent killer...all in the same time period of my life. We disillusion ourselves into thinking that this way of life is good...that if we can sustain it and deal with the pain for "just one more day" then life will be better. It's an addiction we can't always control...it's a horrible monster that scares us at night when we think we're tucked away safe in dreams....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2003, 05:46 PM   #17
    SwEeTiE_LiShA4GoD

SwEeTiE_LiShA4GoD HB User
    Unhappy

hi im 14... i'll be 15 oct. 18....um.. i have been bulimic for 3-4 months now.. and i am gunna be anorexic starting tomorrow....um....my main thing i wanna know is, how long can you go without eating b4 u die?
    ~*~Lisha~*~
    please some1 write me back

Old 09-10-2003, 07:10 PM   #18
    raindrop

raindrop HB User
    i can relate to almost everything here. an ed is not glamorous. its the living hell of living w/someone, yourself, that u hate.

lisha, its not too late to stop what youve started cuz it only gets harder the longer u wait. if u totally stop eating u will find yourself w/a distended abdomen, your hair & teeth falling out, heart attack, probs doing EVERYTHING--thinking, walking, sitting, sleeping. & many more probs. i cannot tell u how long it will be b4 u die but your body is dying every day that u have the ed. i have an ed & i know this myself.

eds are especially dangerous for teens like u who arent done developing. if u do not feed yourself u will look prepubescent 4ever. do u want to look 8? do guys want to date a girl w/a child's body?

ive been where u are, i am a couple years older then u, & am I basically everything that i am warning u against. please get help so u dont destroy your life.

Old 09-10-2003, 07:29 PM   #19
    angelslove

angelslove HB User
    lisha~
    first of all i have struggled with bulimia/anorexia for 8 years...it is not fun. i don't understand how someone can just say..ok, im going to be anorexic tomorrow...i don't know maybe everyone is differnt but i know when i developed an eating disorder i considered it first, played around with the behaviors for awhile and it just got worse and worse. i am recovering as of now...i have been restricting, vomiting, diet pill etc. free for 6 months now. believe me you don't want this...or need this. get out of it now while you can....the longer you wait the harder it is, believe me. you know, but its really sad how i finally woke up....i had to lose one of my best friends to anorexia for me to fully wake up. the night before she died she had my promise her i wouldn't let the same thing happen to me. so, think about it and i hope you make a smart decision. let me know how you are doing.

Old 09-10-2003, 08:19 PM   #20
    nellie99
    (female)

nellie99 HB User
    It is very sad to read that young people are actually PLANNING to bring on this disease. It is like planning to get cancer or aids, planning to be involved in a tragic car accident, or planning to put yourself in a wheelchair for the rest of your life. Why would someone want to plan something so horrible?

I know how the disease works since I have lived with it for many years. I have improved dramatically, but not 100%. My last active period was from March to July of this year. The great thing about it was that I could finally look in the mirror and say, "You look really gross." I didn't think I looked gross because I still felt fat, but because I was way too thin. That is the first time that has ever happened!

I think the saddest part of my whole disease was when I was pregnant. I just couldn't allow my self to gain weight, and I only gained 4 pounds my whole pregnancy. My doctor kept telling me that I was hurting my child, but I couldn't even stop for the health of my baby. How sad is that???!!!

After years of starving myself, I am left with the hands of a 90 year old, problem teeth from lack of nutrition, and a body thermostat that registers freezing 24/7. For those of you considering this way of life, ask yourself if it's worth it!!!!

Old 09-11-2003, 12:14 PM   #21
    georgialeigh

georgialeigh HB User
    lisha hello i am a newbie to this but not to eds. i have been in theraphy/recovery for about 2 months but i have suffered with anorexia and bulimia for 16 yrs. i am 31 and am 5'5". at my lowest weight i was 86 lbs and i still thought i was fat. right now i am about 105 and i still today have those same feelings that i am fat even though i'm really not. i have relapsed a few times in my recovery but i just picked myself up and kept on going because eds is a horrible disorder to live with and most important a deadly one. i have awsome support and i am so happy that i finally admitted that i had a problem even though everyone new something was wrong just by looking at me. i want to live and have a family and marry my awsome supportive boyfriend. i don't want you to have to go through what i have been through. plz get some help. just plz talk to someone. i am one of the lucky ones even though the battle still isn't over yet. georgia

Old 09-11-2003, 02:42 PM   #22
    Josephine
    (female)

Josephine HB User
    Hi Amya.

I am so sorry to here about your eating disorder I can relate to your story. I to think that i am fat and i am very scared of being fat. Weight is the only thing we can contorl.When i was 19 i was so down that i would isolat my self from my family and friends. I got to were i would skip meals and take diet pills.I was so weak that one day i passed out. I was taken to the hosptial it was there were i got help. they had a support group it helped me out alot.I don't know of the singer by the name of Karen Carpenter She was
    Anorexic.By the time she wan't to stop it was to late. She died of a heart attack. I think there is a web site on Karen carpenter were you can read about her eating disorder. I hope you can get the help you need. And about your boyfriend that broke up with you he's not worth dieing over. There is always some else out there for you.Please get the help. you will feel better about your self.

God bless you .:round
    Josephine

Closed Thread