It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board

• cant stop gaining weight after anorexia!!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-14-2003, 04:47 PM   #1
    Duck

Duck HB User
    Unhappy cant stop gaining weight after anorexia!!!!

Help. I am recovering from anorexia. I am now normal weight. I don't eat hardly anything still... to be honest. all I eat is salad, no dressing, and (it may sound weird) but cucumbers with ketchup. But, I am still gaining weight... why wont it stop? When I was younger, and before ED. I could eat anything I wanted and never gained weight. However, I was cheering, and playing soccer and all, is that why I am still gaining because I am not doing that anymore or not? I am so scared. I want to be able to eat food, but I am so scared that if I am gaining weight still eating so little if I really eat normal... what will happen. PLEASE help. I am sorry for bothering anyone, but dont know where else to turn..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2003, 06:28 PM   #2
    rhody
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User
    Smile

Continue eating healthy. Avoid processed foods that are "non-whole" and are filled with high calorie sugars.

In addition, try an exercise program, as simple as walking...or hiking...or try running...or working out at a gym. Whatever exercise that you do, stick with it for life...and find something that you enjoy.

Old 10-23-2003, 04:33 PM   #3
    Fudge7000
    Veteran

Fudge7000 HB User
    your body has been starved, so your metabolism has slowed dramatically, the little food your having, your body is clinging to and getting every ounce of nutrition out of it as it doesn't know when it'll be starved again, it will stop, and your weight will stabilise, so don't worry

Old 10-24-2003, 03:01 AM   #4
    punkypixie

punkypixie HB User
    because you stopped eating, when you re start you body uses it all for weight just incase you start again. but once your boby finds you arent going to stop again it will stop

Closed Thread