It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board

• why water retention after bulimia

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-22-2007, 09:51 PM   #1
    u2patriots
    (male)

u2patriots HB User
    why water retention after bulimia

For a few months I became bulimic and then stopped when I realized it was out of control. However, for about two weeks now since I've stopped I've been extremely bloated and retaining tons of water throughout my body. My whole body feels bloated with fluid somewhat. I was wondering if anyone knew how long this will last or how I can speed up the process, it is very uncomfortable and not pleasent to deal with. Thanks for any comments...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2007, 10:25 PM   #2
    abbec
    (female)

abbec HB User
    Re: why water retention after bulimia

congrats on recognising that this is a problem and being able to take back control..your body will return to normal as my docter told me i should expect weight gain which is mainly caused by water retention and starvation...the two reasons for this is a) starvation: is because your body doesnt know when its normal meal will come so it grabs hold of what it does get and stores it this will subside as your body leanrs to see that the meals are becoming regular and there is no need for it to store food anymore and b) the water retention is because of the purging it actually makes you become extremely dehydrated so your body retains water (same technique as the starvation) all of this will subside in time but its just pushing through this period that is hard and you have to keep reminding yourself...i havent been able to pass this yet as i get to freaked out by the weight gain best of luck to you be strong you will get through this!!

Closed Thread