It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board

• Eating disorder or just stupid?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-13-2010, 11:45 PM   #1
    BunniSmith
    (female)

BunniSmith HB User
    Exclamation Eating disorder or just stupid?

I tend to eat a lot. Sometimes I cry when I eat because I know that I don't need it but I want it and I tell myself not to but I do it anyway. It makes me feel better, then bad again. I have noticed that when I am with friends for the weekend or the week or something, I won't eat. I don't feel like I have to and I don't feel hungry. When I am home, I eat, I get full, I eat more until I feel sick and sometimes I keep eating after that. How much I eat depends on how I feel. Also I was going through some pictures and I realized that this time three years ago I <weighed less>. That means I have gained <a lot>. I guess it has slightly slowed down... but not much.

Am I just a really messed up person or do I have a real problem. I can give more information if you need it to help. I want to know what I can do to feel better about myself and not want to eat and cry. This has been going on for I guess just over three years. I want to be normal and accepted again.

I have somethings in mind that might contribute to the problem, but I don't know if they are worth mentioning right now.

Last edited by mod-anon; 10-14-2010 at 05:30 AM. Reason: edited triggering passages

The following user gives a hug of support to BunniSmith:
    bean200 (11-19-2010)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2010, 08:01 AM   #2
    jcrosser
    (female)

jcrosser HB User
    Re: Eating disorder or just stupid?

i can relate to you bunni. binge eating is an eating disorder which i also struggle with. it sounds like you are using food to fill the void of loneliness. i can definitely relate to that as well. when you use food for something other than hunger, it is not an appropriate relationship with food. but it is not stupid and you are not a messed up person. i think that there is something going on below the surface that your mind/body is trying to tell you to recognize.

i am curious to know what it is, because you mentioned having an idea of what you think it might be. but only if you are comfortable talking about it. it might help start the process of getting better and i am more than willing to listen to you. it is always good to have someone to talk or write to about problems

Closed Thread