It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eating Disorder Recovery Message Board

• Am I anorexic, or experiencing something else?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-15-2013, 12:48 AM   #1
    MomentToBeFree
    (female)

MomentToBeFree HB User
    Am I anorexic, or experiencing something else?

I am 15 years old, in high school, and am female...For a few recent months, I have been eating progressively less and less over the summer break. During school, I ate a salad every day, and ate twice as much in meat for dinner or whatever we had, and a bowl of cereal that morning. I weighed about 130 lbs. I am 5'7", and I have a nice metabolism that burns off calories. I've never had a problem, or been close to having a problem, with being overweight. I am not concerned with my weight. I'm extremely grateful for being so slim and fit. (: I know I definitely wouldn't like gaining weight to the point of being overweight (who does?), but I am, in no way, scared that I would be headed that way. Not at my age, at least. Once break started, I would skip meals and just have small snacks throughout the day, and eventually I went whole days without eating, then lead to going consecutive days without eating. I simply did not feel hungry. I weighed myself on the bathroom scale, and I lost 15 lbs in a month! Two months later, I am now only 103 lbs, and it scares me. I had a healthy layer of thick skin, I suppose you could call it, over my ribs, so that I could suck in my stomach and only see the bottom rib stick out, but now, I look in the mirror and puff out my stomach, and I can see each rib clearly defined. The veins on my feet now seem to pop out, and the tendons on my hands are always visible. My face, fortunately, doesn't look different to me. It doesn't seem affected. When I try to force myself to eat, I find that eating more than a few bites of anything makes me feel sick, or extremely full. Again, I am not concerned with my weight. I love myself. I just am never hungry anymore. Is this a form of anorexia? Or is there something else wrong with me? Is this natural? My close friend expressed a lot of concern, but I paid no attention to what he was saying until I realized that I'm nearly 100 lbs. I tried finding answers on Google about not eating, but of course, the only thing to come up was anorexia and other eating disorders.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2014, 09:51 AM   #2
    mjpd
    (female)

mjpd HB User
    Re: Am I anorexic, or experiencing something else?

The fact that you are confident in yourself and very consciously aware of the adverse effects of starving yourself intentionally or not. You are deficit in vitamins, minerals that the body essentially needs to function, otherwise organs, skin, bone, brain start telling you they are under strain and you seem to be a smart woman, don't get caught up in a nasty cycle. Do something to help yourself to get healthy again. I sincerely hope you have come into your own to be fit and healthy. Be it mentally, physically and of sound mine.

Closed Thread

Tags
    anorexia, health and diet